CHAPTER 23

(Jenny's POV)

"So you're saying that Julian and his family is in Canada? Really?" I sighed and sipped my tea as usual.

"I heard their conversation clearly. Nasa Canada nga sila. Hinding hindi ako nagkakamali. So, I guess my work is done here, is it?" he replied.

We're here in my office and it was almost lunch break. The employees are on their way of fixing things up and have their lunch. It was an exciting day for me. I've waited for this moment. The day I'll find out where Julian is. The day I will know where to see Julian, go to him and tell him to leave everything for me.

Quite dramatic, isn't it?  Or is it a bad idea? Hmm I guess no. Julian was mine from the very start and I'm now gonna get him back. It's just like claiming things that was lost but still yours.

"Almost. I still don't know who's his wife and I told you to find it out for me. Which means, your job isn't over yet. Don't worry, everything will go smooth now. You have accomplished almost everything and you're on the last few steps. Here, take this." I said and handed him the money.

A grin was seen in his face. I know I need him to do these things for me. He works so clean and swift. He's really a skilled criminal that can help you with whatever demonic or barbaric you want to do. Trace someone, kill the person you hated or burn dead bodies.

"Aalis na po ako. May lakad kami ni Boss. Hinihintay na niya ako sa bahay ninyo. Bukas na bukas den, sisimulan ko ulit ang pinapagawa ko sa inyo. Wala po ba silang social media accounts na pwede nating kuhanan ng impormasyon? Mas mapapadali po sana ang lahat kapag meron." he sighed.

"I have searched his name in every social media app that I know. I see nothing but a private Facebook account of him and it's a useless source of information." I said with frustration.

"Gano'n po ba? Sige po. I have to go." And in a minute, Emmanuel has dissappeared.

"Lunch time!" I said as I close my office and head to somewhere.

(Justin's POV)

"Babe? Gising ka pa ba?" tanong ko kay Thalia.

Nakahiga na kami sa kama at patulog na nang bigla kong matandaan ang naging pag-uusap nami ni Kuya Yani the day I hit someone up. Hindi ko pa pala nasabi sa kaniya 'yon. Masiyado akong naging loaded from practice up to giving my time to my relationship. Madalas akong makalimot at nawawalan ako ng focus. Minsan naman confused ako kung ano ba ang dapat kong mas bigyan nang pansin. My work or my love life?

"Po?" She's still awake.

"Hindi ko pala nasabi sa 'yo 'yung napag-usapan namin ni Kuya Yani the last time na tumawag siya. He said baka uuwi sila dito sa Pilipinas before Valentine's day at ayon, they'll be staying with us for a short amount of time." pagkukwento ko sa kaniya.

"Really? That's exciting. Kailan ba daw ang exact date?" tanong niya.

"Hindi sinabi ni Kuya sa 'kin. Basta uuwi siya." I replied.

"Sige. So ang gagawin natin, general cleaning on the first week of February. Kailangan natin linisin ang mga kisame, tsaka 'yung alulod. We also need to change the curtains and give the house a  total makeover." sabi niya,

"Ano ba 'yung alulod?" tanong ko out of curiousity She gave me a squeeze in my nose.

"Alulod. 'Yung ano ba. 'Yung parang kanal sa bubong. "Yung dinadaanan ng tubig sa taas."

I chuckled. Alulod pala tawag do'n. 

"Babe, may tanong ako. Just tell me the truth.Okay?

Mmh?

"Kapag ba naging successful na'ko at nawalan ng time sa 'yo, iiwan mo ba'ko? I seriously asked with a curious tone.

"Hmm, sa totoo lang, hindi ko din alam. I never really thought of leaving you but when the time tells me that I should, siguro oo. What if mawala ako? How can I stay with you? Diba? Pero I just want you to know that whatever you're doing, I support you and I'm just here behind your back. Gusto ko sana na maging saksi sa lahat ng achievements mo sa buhay. Like I said, I just want a happy family. " she stated.

" Mawawala? Like kkk? Like chugi ba? Hell no. That won't happen. A shining armor is here with you, protecting you with all of his might. He's not as strong and firm as a superhero, but you know, he has the strength that's enough for him to protect the people he love. Kalma, I got you" I uttered.

She hugged me that gave me the reason to erase the doubts in fears I felt that moment. The night was cold and it was just her hug that could make me feel better.

"Sige, I've changed my mind then. Hindi kita iiwan kasi hindi ako mawawala. Sabi mo 'yan ha?" she replied.

I enveloped her with my arms and kissed her forehead. 

"Are you doubting my capabilities? Is that what you're trying to tell me?" I said as I gazed at her gleaming eyes.

"Sort of. Hindi. Biro lang. Matutulog na 'ko. Goodnight." she stated.

"Matutulog ka na? Goodnight po" I replied.

"Huwag mong kalimutan ang general cleaning agenda natin. Nakakahiya kay Kuya Yani at Ate Celine na marumi ang bahay pag-uwi nila dito. Ang unorganized mo kasi. Ikaw ang puro kalat ng kalat sa bahay hindi naman naglilinis. Tulog na" reklamo niya.