CHAPTER 10

(Jenny's POV)

The gate opened as the guards have seen my car. I hurriedly walk inside the house. I just got home late in the evening. If my husband finds out about it, I'm dead.

"Is Rafael asleep?" I asked to the guard.

"Mukhang tulog na po siya, ma'am. Nako, mukhang ginabi ata kayo ng uwi. Marami po bang trabaho sa opisina?"  he asked.

I nod and headed inside the house.

I was just shocked to see that he's still awake, sitting on the couch and holding a glass of wine.  I tried to hide but he already saw me.

"Where have you been, darling? Mukhang nakalimutan mo yata ang curfew mo? And you know me, ayaw mo 'kong magalit." he said and sipped from his glass.

I found myself nervous and unable to speak. I'm dead. I'm really dead.

"U-uh, I have to finish my paperworks, Rafael. The deadline is fast approaching and I have to finish it today. I am just in my office, just doing what I have to do. Don't worry." I nervously said. Please just buy it.

He stood up from the couch and walk towards me. He tried to smell me and when I see his face starting to turn red, I know what's gonna happen.

"Really? Anong akala mo sa 'kin? Tanga?   Amoy-alak ka. So you went to the club again .And what did you do? Drink and have s*x with other men there? I already warned you about it, Jenny. Now, pay for the price." he said before doing it.

He punched my stomach and grabbed my hair. It was painful as hell.

"Alam mo kung paano ako magalit, Jenny. Matapang kana kaya moko sinusuway? Wow, you're a brave girl now. Good job. But not good enough, I guess." he calmly said.

His hand is now on my neck. He's trying to choke me.

"Let me go! I- I can't breathe! Ple- please."I utterly said.

He punched me again and I fell on the floor. I'm now puking blood.

"Wala kang utang na loob! After what I've done to you, magiging suwail ka sa 'kin? Without me, you are nothing. Lahat ng bagay na inaari mo, ako ang nagbigay.  Your family can't even eat without me. Ikaw at ang pamilya mong patay-gutom, puro kayo mga walang kwenta! At baka nakakalimutan mo kung bakit ka nandito. Malaki ang utang mo na dapat bayaran at hanggang ngayon, hindi ka pa rin bayad.  Hindi kana makakaalis sa poder ko, Jenny. Unless, babayaran mo 'ko.  By the way, yung nanay mo palang huthotera, kumuha ng pera sa 'kin kahapon. So dahil mabait ako, I immediately gave her the check. Dagdag yon sa utang mo, darling." he said and laughed.

He suddenly left and headed back to his room. He's gone now.

I cried so hard. Then suddenly, a bunch of maids and guards suddenly ran towards me and brought me to my room.

This is my life. A fierce and scary boss but in the house, I'm just someone being manipulated and abused by someone I don't really love.

Rafael's in his mid 40's. An owner of several bussiness and a multi-billionaire. I'm his wife not because I love him. We married each other because I have no choice. My family has to be feed and their needs should be supplied. 

I met him in a bar. I'm a waitress way back then and then he talked to me. He offered me to marry him in exchange of money, business and promised to support my family. I agreed not knowing that we would be like this. He's a monster.

He's so strict to the point that I feel like I can't breathe. I can't go out of the house without his consent except when I have to work. When I would go somewhere for business purposes, he would let me but I know he's sending someone to watch out for me. I'm like a bird being caged. I want my freedom back. I want to leave, but I have so many debts to him and I can't pay for it.

I'm in an excruciating pain and the maids are still on my room, taking care of me. I'm trying to calm down.

I'd just wake up tomorrow, acting like nothing has happened.

I have to.