CHAPTER 18

(JENNY'S POV)

"Isn't the food great? Kanina mo pa hindi ginagalaw ang pagkain mo. You could order other foods if you like. Sorry if you don't like the restaurant. I thought you like Italian foods"  Rafael said. I sigh.

We're having our dinner in an Italian restaurant. He rented the whole restaurant just for the two of us. How weird he is. When we'll eat somewhere, he would assure that it's just the two of us in the place.

"Don't worry about me. It's just that I'm not feeling well. It's too cold in here, Rafael." I said.

"Waiter!" Rafael shouted. In just a few seconds, a waiter came.

" What can I do for you, sir?" the waiter asked.

"My wife's not okay here because of the room temperature. It's too cold. Pwede pakihinaan 'yung air conditioner?" he said and the waiter smiled.

"Everything's gonna be okay. Now eat." he demanded and I started eating.

Suddenly, a ring was heard from my phone. It's Emmanuel.

"Who is that?" he asked after I ignored the call.

" It's Emmanuel, darling. Maybe he needs something.  Can I answer it?" I said.

"Sure, my darling. Just make sure there's nothing I should be furious about. Well, just a little reminder. Now go, answer it." he said while wiping his mouth with a table napkin.

I have to lie. I have to take the risk. I have to do this .AGAIN.I walked outside the place and called Emmanuel. I have to know why he's calling. I have a good feeling that this is about the one I asked for him to do.

"Hey. What is it? Any news from the project you're working on?"  I asked.

"In just a very short period of time, nakita ko na ang pinapahanap mo. You should congratulate me for being the best." he said.

"That's good then. By the way, where are you?"

"Nasa ospital, ma'am." he said.

" What are you doing there? What happened?" I exclaimed.

" Sinadya kong  magpasagasa sa isang kotse. Isang lalaking nagngangalang Justin de Dios ang nakabangga sa 'kin. And then boom, alam ko na nasaan ang isa pang pinapahanap mo. Si Julian de Dios. Diba ang galing ko? You should give me a bonus kung gano'n. Plus yung effort ko to wait for him to go home."

"You know ever since, I am impressed by your skills. You've been working for my husband and I can see how good you are. Don't worry, I'll give you the amount that you deserve. Just tell me where Julian de Dios is. And,this project is over." I smiled.

"Bibigay ko sa iyo ang impormasyon pagkatapos mong ibigay sa 'kin ang pera. I'll give you the address kung saan tayo magkikita. Do'n tayo mag-usap." he proposed.

"WHAT?  Just tell me right now. I'll just send to you the money later." I said when Rafael just appeared in my sight. I'm dead, AGAIN.

"Hmm. Why would you send money to Emmanuel? Answer my question, dear.  Meron ba akong hindi nalalaman? I can just smell something suspicious in here.  What is this all about, Jenny? Telll me what it is! Huwag mong painitin ang ulo ko." he said.

"U-uhm, Emmanuel needs money right now. He has no money to pay for his tuition. I-I just want to help him. You know, I also owe him for helping you. That's it. Isn't that bad?". I lied.

"Well, if that's the case. That's good darling.  Sa kaniya ka pa tumawag. Andito naman ako. Sana sa akin na lang siya nanghingi. Uwi na tayo?" he said nicely. I nervously smiled.

"Y-yes please." I said.

"Isuot mo 'tong coat. Malamig na and look at your clothes, talagang papasukin ng lamig." he said and handed me a coat.

"L-let's go." I said.