The intruder of the night

The princess's body went still as a corpse when she felt an intimidating presence behind her. If it's not Alina or any other maid, then who could enter the royal harem at such an odd hour? Is it some assassin or...... those men from that slave market? She didn't want to turn and face whoever was standing behind her, but she had no choice.

Inara's eyes widened and a gasp almost escaped from her lips, it was indeed a man from the slave market.

"What are you doing here?" she hissed, giving a shove at the man's chest with her delicate small fist. But the man didn't budge an inch as if a flower bushed off his chest and without answering her question, he kept staring at her.

Oh god, such a hassle! Surveying her chamber for any possible servant, she stared back at him with exasperation, "answer me, Aydin!!"

But Aydin still kept quiet.

"Do you know what happens to a man who enters inside the royal harem without the emperor's permission? And not to mention, you don't look like just a normal man. They will take you for a savage beast and slaughter you mercilessly! Do you have any idea? Huh, tell me!"

Aydin shook his head this time, "I've no one but you. I don't know what else to do."

Inara released a deep sigh, how shall I deal with him now? Trying to sound as imposing as possible, she spoke, "But I told you that you'll be able to live inside the palace once you enter as the imperial army or guard, didn't I?"

Aydin had no answer so he kept staring at her. How rude of him to stare at a girl, let alone his master like that! She wanted to scold him but she knew she was too scared to say anything to him. A gust of cold wind passed through her, erupting goosebumps in her body at the same time making her realize her situation.

The princess looked down at herself. I forgot to put my shawl on, in fear of the intruder. Under the silver moonlight falling upon her chamber through the window, she realized that the outline of her whole body was evident as the red satin material of her night robe clung to her skin. Her luscious black tresses hung loosely on her waist and her skin was bare without any jewelry.

Certainly not a way for a woman to stand in front of an adult man. From her body, her eyes slowly drifted towards Aydin's face who was still staring at her. He is not staring at me like that, is he? I don't think he is like other men... even though he was raised as a beast, his mind is as pure as a child. But still...... I need to present myself elegantly. Moreover, it's chilly.

Aydin trailed her every movement as the princess swanned towards her bed. She walked like a deer, but not the kind of deer he used to hunt. She was the kind of deer he wanted to get close to, the kind of deer he couldn't take his eyes off. So, he did what he wanted, that is, staring at her.

She picked up a thick white fur shawl and wrapped it around her body, walking back towards him. Now, she looked like a small white rabbit in his eyes, and still... he couldn't stop staring at her.

Inara returned with a lamp, quite irked by his constant staring. What does he want? As she raised the lamp to the level of his chest, she saw him properly for the first time under the faint golden glow of the light. Her mouth opened in O at his transformation.

Even though his dark hair was still long, they looked quite tamed compared to the last time she saw him, rustling back and forth in the strong wind. His sharp cut features were now clearly visible after he shaved his savage beard. I never knew that he'd look like this after cleaning up....... Like a big, handsome warrior...

Then she noticed his bare chest as the curtain brushed past him. As the light fell upon his bronze skin, she saw the scars that marked his torso. He must have endured a lot... But why isn't he wearing any shirt? Was the money I gave him not sufficient for him to buy a shirt?