The Tempting Mistress

Kais grinned, raising his hands in defense. "Pure business, I swear."

"You. Are. A. Pervert." She accused, poking a finger in his direction with a nasty squint of her eyes.

"What?" he pulled out an innocent face, "everyone comes here and I'm the one accused of being a pervert?"

Inara huffed loudly, "this better be a meaningful business or I'm telling Aydin to wring the head off your neck right at this place."

"The situation won't come," he laughed out, "besides," he swooped a mocking glance over the daunting bodyguard who towered behind her, "he can try."

Inara checked around her surroundings warily. The overwhelming colorful lanterns and the heavy stench of perfume and alcohol mixed with giggles and chatters floated in the air incessantly. The point between her brows throbbed with slight pain.

"Don't worry, I'm not talking you to that place," Kais assured with a hint of amusement in his voice. "Or I can hold your hand if you're so scared."

"No need!" she scowled, following behind him reluctantly as he led her to the backside of the pleasure hall. She didn't need to turn around to confirm that Aydin was guarding her back; the only fact that kept her from running away from this uncomfortable place.

From the backside of the compound, Kais led her to a small room, excessively decorated and suffocating for her to breathe. Then, he plopped down on a wine-colored settee placed at the center, lazily, like he owned the place.

"Take a seat azizam," he swung his head back, spreading his arms around the armrests coolly. "I'm afraid your beautiful soft feet will get tired after doing so much work."

Aha, coquetting comes out of his lips like it's his mother tongue.

She pressed her lips in a wide, sarcastic smile. "Thank you very much, but I like standing quite a bit."

"If you say so," he crossed his left leg over his right knee. "but I'm very exhausted."

"Exhausted?" she gaped at him incredulously, "all you did was walk with me and you're so tired? You're supposed to be a mercenary!"

Did I get the wrong people to work along with?

"Shhh..that's supposed to be a secret."

"Hah, leave it," she crossed her arms across her chest. "You look like you visit this place often."

A question, framed as a statement.

"About that...."

"It's about time you finally come to me. It's been ages for ifrit's sake!"

A woman, as seductive as sin, stepped inside with her doe-like gait. The trinkets around her ankles and waist chimed as she approached closer to them, her luscious curves swayed with her every move.

The princess hoped that she wasn't gawking because, by all means, this woman looked like a goddess who had the power of making any female feel inferior in front of her. It wasn't her face, but the salacious aura that she carried with that brazen confidence in her stance had the princess consider her to be the most attractive woman she had met yet.

The woman's almond-shaped eyes landed on her. "And you've brought a girl here. This is a first. Who is this little twig?"

"Little twig?" Inara raised her chin, offended by her words, "you've got a good sense of humor."

"Great," Kais stood up and stepped between them, trying to act as a peacemaker.

"Don't take her words to heart azizam. She's just pissed to see someone more beautiful than her," he coaxed, his charismatic voice doing its mischievous deed.