Chapter 20

<June 2022>

Mark's P.O.V

It's been 2 weeks since the incident of my breakdown. I was a bit disappointed when I woke up back then, since Eunhye wasn't there anymore. But that feeling cannot beat how I felt like I was over the moon, sleeping with Eunhye by my side. That's definitely the best sleep I had since the comebacks have been popping left and right.

Luckily, today is a break for all of us, so we were just hanging out on the living room without any of the managers. 

"Well, since we finally have time for ourselves.." Johnny started, "It's gossip time!" he exclaimed dramatically.

Yuta shrugged his shoulders, "I don't have anything to talk about, nothing much is happening right now." 

Haechan rolled his eyes, "I think Johnny hyung has a specific target already." he let out a teasing sound.

I could feel all my members' eyes on me. I blushed and raised both of my hands up, "W-what? T-there's n-nothing to talk about me." I defended myself.

"Sure, Mark. When did you start pining over our junior? " Johnny asked while wiggling his eyebrows.

Taeil looked at me, "I'm more surprised at the fact he managed to hide it from us." he commented with his usual smile.

I sighed, knowing that I need to answer their questions. "I met her on August last year, I confessed on November though." I muttered the last part but loud enough for everyone to hear.

Everyone gasped dramatically. "No wonder you were that adamant on having her as your partner during the trainee evaluation!" Jungwoo exclaimed from beside me.

I just nodded shyly, a bit embarrassed to admit that I was that desperate to spend time with her.

"Did you guys meet during the time you had midnight practices? That would make sense, no wonder she danced like you during the Superhuman evaluation." Taeyong commented.

Doyoung glared at me jokingly, "I'm still a bit pissed that you didn't tell us. I can't believe I embarrassed myself like that by asking for her phone number." he grimaced.

I smiled sheepishly, "Sorry, I was surprised you didn't notice my glaring from across the room when you were 'flirting' with her."

"I'm just curious, who in this room knew or had suspicious before Haechan brought her over?" Jaehyun asked the whole team.

Both Yuta and Haechan raised their hands, "Add Sungchan to the list, I was suspicious at first but Sungchan basically confirmed it for me. He told me during the time we caught them holding hands that Eunhye wouldn't ever hold someone's hand ." Yuta said, proud that he noticed.

"I was suspicious before I saw her coming out from Mark's room, which was why I pretended to flirt with her in front of Mark hyung." Haechan explained.

I groaned, hiding my face using my hands. "Were we really not that discreet?" 

"To be honest, I think you were both discreet. I mean only Haechan and Yuta noticed and they have the tendency to pay attention to you." Johnny shrugged while showing his 'not my problem face', causing us to laugh.

"Oh shit."

We turned to Taeyong who had just cursed, looking a bit pale compared to before while he stared at his phone.

Doyoung immediately ran to him, "What's wrong, hyung?" he asked while trying to calm our leader down.

"This my fault.. oh my god.. I noticed but I agreed to keep it a secret.. I should have asked her to go to the hospital.." Taeyong muttered guiltily.