Chapter 5

<September 2021>

Mark took me to the one of the empty practice rooms that was provided for this assessment. The moment we got inside, he changed his strict expression to his usual goofy one.

"Congratulations on placing first for the second assessment, I'm so proud of you! As expected of my teaching." He congratulated me before complimenting himself. He deserves the compliment though.

I laughed at him softly, "Yeah you were really strict on me, but the results are undeniably great. Thankyou so much for helping me." I thanked him and bowed a bit.

"I saw your performance myself through the screen, the members were surprised at how good you were and I just wanted to boast at that moment that I was the one who taught you and that you are an amazing dancer. Man you should have seen their faces when they saw how well you've done, makes me want to laugh at how proud I was at that moment." He rambled quickly with a wide smile.

"It was all thanks to you, Mark sunbaenim. I'm sorry I took so much of your time and energy. You were probably tired from work and so but you still managed to teach me every night last week." I apologized while bowing again, feeling guilty since I have been so caught up with the assessment that I forgot that he has his own life.

"Hey, look at me." he said firmly. I looked up at him to meet his eyes, "I was the one who wanted to teach you. You didn't mind my strictness and you caught up quickly to the things I taught you. What's there for me to complain about? Besides I like spending time with you." he assured me with a goofy smile.

I swear he looks so cute right now.

I nodded at him to show him that I understand. "Also since we've been so much time with each other now and would most probably still would since I still plan on practicing during night time sometimes and I'm sure you won't let go of that habit soon, can you please call me Mark only when we're alone? Without the sunbaenim." he requested me.

I blinked my eyes in confusion before understanding his request. I immediately looked at him in surprise, "But you're my senior, I can't just call your name like that." I complained at him.

"Please just call me Mark. I want to hear you call me Mark." he said while stepping closer to me, causing him to be only an inch away from me.

I looked up to his eyes who was looking down at mine. I blushed and looked away, "M-Mark." I stuttered, my face heating up like a heater.

"Gosh, I love the way you say my name."

I widened my eyes and jolted my eyes to his face. He immediately realized what he said and blushed, "I m-mean, y-yeah just call me t-that. I mean l-like I l-love that you directly s-say my name, means t-that you're c-casual with m-me. Y-yeah like that." he stuttered while rubbing the back of his neck.

I looked down to the floor, feeling my heart beating like crazy. A different kind of crazy compared to the heartbeat I had during the top 5 announcement awhile ago. 

"U-Uhm.. Shall we start discussing on the performance we want to do?" I suggested to him to break the tense atmosphere, while keeping my eyes looking down at the floor.

He laughed awkwardly, "Y-yeah." We sat on the middle of the practice room, still blushing a bit from our previous conversation.

"What performance do we want to do? I have been doing a dance performance for these past 2 assessments." I told him, relieved that my voice suddenly turned normal.

"Well usually, I would suggest a vocal performance where you sing and I rap since you've done 2 dance performances already." he started. I raised an eyebrow at him, "But?"