Chapter 3

<September 2021>

"Great job everyone! We'll start announcing the top 5 female trainees for this assessment." 

The trainees were gathered around the training room, sitting while waiting for the results. The whole room's atmosphere was tense. I mean of course it would be tense, we're talking about a debut here.

"Placing fifth this time.." Ms. Choi started. My heart started beating rapidly, hoping to maintain my place. I have been placing fifth over and over again these few months, I would at least like to maintain myself in the Top 5.

"Ji Chaewon, who definitely shined her powerful melodious voice by covering Ariana Grande's dangerous woman." Ms. Choi announced.

Chaewon stood up and bowed while me and the other trainees clapped to congratulate her. I feel more scared now, I might place higher there's also a huge chance that I would place lower.

"Placing fourth..." Ms. Choi started again. I secretly prayed inside my heart, please let it be me. I don't think I can place higher than that since some of the other trainees did extremely good as well.

"Min Eunhye, who gave us a elegant but powerful dance performance by covering IZ*ONE's Secret Story of the Swan." 

I stood up and bowed while the others clapped for me, keeping my indifferent face. But I was actually jumping up and down in relief and happiness inside my head.

I went back to sit as Ms. Choi continued announcing the other people. I'm guessing that Gaeun or Jieun would place first and second. But I'm not sure who would place third, there's so many possibilities.

"Placing third, Shin Sori." Ms. Choi announced. I looked over to Sori who stood up and bowed, a smirk evident in her face. I must admit that her rap performance this month is really good though.

"Placing second, Im Gaeun." Ms. Choi continued. Gaeun smiled happily and bowed as we all clapped for her. She truly deserves it.

"And placing first this assessment, Cha Jieun. Congratulations on completing this month's assessment everyone!" Ms. Choi announced as Jieun stood up and bowed. I secretly smiled, I had a feeling that my guess was right.

"We'll start calling you one by one to give you your second assessment song. The teachers have agreed on each of your weaknesses and picked a song for you to improve on your weakness. Please stay still on the floor unless we call your name, feel free to converse with each other though." Ms. Choi told the whole class before walking to the corner of the room with the other teachers.

I took out my phone and watched some dance practices of KPOP groups that had just been posted. I was just quietly enjoying the dance practices before someone decided to ruin my mood.

"My, my, aren't you lucky today, Min Eunhye?" Minsa let out a fake giggle as she walked down to sit in front of me.

Sori who walked along with Minsa sat in front of me as well, "Can you tell me how to be as lucky with you? Placing fourth with your skills is such a huge luck." 

I forced out a polite smile despite rolling my eyes inside my head, "Haha, I don't know as well." I let out a laugh.

Can they please leave me alone?

"Personally I think Minsa deserves that fourth place, don't you think so, Eunhye?" Sori smirked at me, trying to get me to agree with her.

I wanted to raise my eyebrow at her, but decided to go against it. I'm not letting her win though, "Do you think so? Well I think the teachers must have had a reason on choosing me for fourth place, unless you're saying that they're incompetent judges?" I tried to ask innocently.