11

"You planning on paying for that Kid?" An employee questioned when he spotted Lloyd sneaking  an apple into his pocket.

"Yeah, I just don't have a basket or a cart, and I don't want my hands to be full. Y'know all the stuff that happens in this city, like the whole thing with people disappearing and snakes stealing metal a year ago, a guy's gotta have his hands free so he can defend himself." Lloyd shrugged with a smile, trying to cover it up.

"Oh, yeah good point, but be more careful, someone's gonna end up thinking your shoplifting or something." The employee chuckled before walking away.

Lloyd rolled his eyes and put the apple back. I'll just swipe something from someone's bag when they leave or something. He walked out of the store, and walked down the sidewalk, the shopping district of Ninjago City was full of shoppers. He walked, occasionally swiping food from  the people he passed. He ended up with someone's left-overs from Chen's Noodle House, an apple, and an unopened cup o noodles. Nice, food for now,  and food for later today. "You could just get a job, rather than stealing from people's grocery bags." Someone spoke beside him.

He quickly looked beside him, a girl with long blonde hair. He rolled his eyes. "Some of us can't exactly get a job." Lloyd grumbled "Who are you exactly?"

"You can call me The Quiet One."

"So you're an oxymoron?"

"That's rude."

"I really don't care."

"Are you going to tell me your name?"

"Nope."

"Doesn't matter, I know who you are." Lloyd sped up his pace a bit. "You're the son of Lord Garmadon. Lloyd Garmadon."

"So you know my name, who cares, lots of people do."

"You're avoiding both the authorities and your Uncle's ninja, but you can't avoid your uncle because right now no one knows where he is."

"You act like I care that he's missing."

"You're only avoiding the authorities because the ninja have asked them to help them find you."

"You act like I don't know what's going on in my own life."

"You didn't know Wu was missing until I told you." The blonde pointed out. "Would you stop walking away from me?" He walked faster. "Sorry, I just assumed that you might want a chance to get back at your mother." Lloyd stopped again. "She abandoned you, didn't she? Decided you weren't good enough? Left you at that prison of a school? Never came back. Sure she might have had another reason, but a reason good enough to leave her son, her only child, at Darkly's Boarding School, and never even come to visit? Not likely."

"I-"

"And your Uncle? What about him? He didn't come to see you either, did he. He didn't care about you until you became a problem in his perfect little world, where all he had to do was train ninja, and prepare for when your father returned."

"But-"

"And your father? He refuses to admit to you that he's disappointed that you turned out like him. That you looked up to him. You know he wanted you to be a good little boy, he wants you to go and join your uncle's little band of ninja."

Now, as you'd expect, Lloyd had less control of his powers than the ninja, having never been trained. So his emotions very much so still triggered his powers, this was clear when the ground began to shake as Harumi spoke. And as you'd expect, by now, Lloyd could tell when someone was trying to manipulate him. "What do you want?"

"Excuse me?"

Lloyd turned to look her in the eye. "I refuse to be manipulated again, what. Do. You. Want."

The blonde girl had a small smirk as Lloyd heard someone walk up behind him. "I just need the kid who got my parents killed on my side."

"To do what exactly?" The street had cleared, and the ground was still shaking, now it was just Lloyd, 'The Quiet One', and whoever was standing behind Lloyd.

"I've found a way to remove all empathy from your father, using a few Oni relics, but to get the last one,  I need someone with Oni blood in their veins."

"Good luck with that."

"I can't tell if you're saying that because you don't know that you're part Oni, or because you're refusing to help willingly."

Lloyd blinked a few times. "Both, what the fuck?"

"Okay then," She looked at the person behind Lloyd. "grab him Killow!"

"Oh shit!" Lloyd shouted as he froze the massive guy and darted.

"Get him!"

Lloyd sprinted down the street , freezing the ground behind him as he ran. Get to an area full of people. Don't stop. Lose them in a crowd. He made it to the middle of the city, a crowded area, or at least usually, today, it was just four people, Lloyd, and the other three, Kai, Zane, and the villain they were fighting, The Mechanic. And Lloyd ran right through the fight. "Lloyd?" Kai questioned. 

"Don't have time!" Lloyd yelled as he ran past, or at least tried, because the Mechanic grabbed him and tried to use him as a human shield. "You're kidding right? Put me the fuck down asshat." Lloyd grumbled as he froze the Mechanic.

"Lloyd why are you-"

"Shit!" Lloyd yelled as Killow and the rest of the bad guys working for the blonde girl arrived in the city's center.

"Who are they?" 

"I have no clue but some girl who calls herself the 'Quiet One' sent them after me that's why I'm fucking running! Because I don't feel like being fucking kidnapped today!"

"C'mon, come with us to the Bounty. The Cops'll be here to deal with him any minute." Kai spoke, grabbing Lloyd's arm and pulling him along. "C'mon Zane, we've gotta go!"