2: Snakes, Snakes Everywhere

"So, you think it'd be a good idea to free more serpentine?" Lloyd asked Pythor.

"Why yes, every evil genius needs people behind him," Pythor grinned. "Or in this case, Snakes."

"Okay then. Should we free the Constrictai, the Fangpyre or the Venomari first?"

"What about the Hypnobrai?"

"... They're already free."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I accidentally opened their tomb, that's how I got this map." Lloyd explained as he held up the Map of Dens.

"I see, well then, I suggest the Fangpyre. They are strong, and have been willing to aid the Anacondrai before."

"Cool, then we'll do that."

--------------

"Well, now we know for sure that Lloyd is the kid those villagers saw." Jay pointed out as he tried to fix the damage Lloyd had done to the Bounty. "But wow, that kid fried the Bounty's engines and jets, it'll take a few days to get her back in the air."

"Wonderful." Cole grumbled. "I would say we should take our Dragons and patrol a little, but, they left us, so I got nothin'."

"Did you already forget that Sensei said our weapons can turn into vehicles?" Kai asked as he summoned his sword's car. "I'm gonna go and check the deserts around Ninjago City."

"I'll go to the Mountain of A Million Steps." Cole spoke up, after being reminded of his scythe's ability.

"I'll take a look around the Well Of Souls." Zane added as he summoned his vehicle and sped off.

"I'll stay here and keep trying to fix the Bounty." Jay shrugged after the other ninja left.

----------

"It's spookyyyy." Lloyd mumbled as he and Pythor arrived at the Well of Souls, the location of the Fangpyre Tomb.

"It is a bit dark." Pythor muttered apathetically.

"Not that I'm scared or anything, I like the dark."

"Sure."

"Even if I was, I wouldn't tell anyone because that'd be stupid. I mean my dad's Lord Garmadon, so I kinda have to like the dark."

"Tell me Floyd-"

"Lloyd."

"Lloyd, why do you want to take over the world?"

"Because, if I do, someone in my family'll finally be proud of me, I'll finally be good enough for someone, and maybe I'll get to finally meet my dad." (Fuck that's a really pure reason for wanting to be evil.)

---------

To make a long story short, and summarize what happened over the time period of season one, Python ended up betraying Lloyd, freed the Devourer.

"Let go!" Lloyd yelled as he tried to pry Cole's hand off his tiny wrist.

"No way kid, you've caused way to much chaos." Cole grumbled. "What're we gonna do about the devourer?"

"It ate sensei!" Jay exclaimed

"Good!" Lloyd yelled before biting Cole's hand.

"Ow Fuck!" Cole complained as he let go of Lloyd, letting the tiny boy run off. "Shit." Cole muttered "Great, now we have to find him again."

"If he doesn't get eaten!!" Kai pointed out. "He's a kid Cole!"

Cole looked at his hand, he was bleeding. "Does that kid have fangs or something???"

----------

Lloyd had made his way to Ninjago City, and so had the ninja and the Great Devourer. "Give me the weapons." Lloyd heard someone say. "I'm the only one who can use them all at once."

"Dad?" He questioned.

Garmadon turned. "Lloyd?"

"Dad!" The little blond ran and hugged his father.

"Lloyd are you the cause of this?" Garmadon asked calmly as he looked at his son.

"I-"

"Lloyd, what were you thinking?"

"I just wanted to be like you."

"I never wanted that."

Lloyd stepped away from his father. "So I'm a disappointment to you too?" He asked quietly as he started to cry.

"Son, that's not what I-" Lloyd ran away. "LLOYD!"

He didn't stop running, he made it to the edge of the city before stopping. Gasping for air he sat on the ground, crying his eyes out. Curled up in a ball is how he sat, even after cheering erupted through the streets of the city, even after night fell on the city. That night Lloyd decided, if he wasn't enough for his family, he wasn't going to try. He was going to become more powerful then his father, and actually succeed in taking over Ninjago. Because in the end, his fuel wasn't just the slight traces of the venom of the Great Devourer in his veins, it wasn't just being abandoned at an age so young that he couldn't even remember his mother's face, it wasn't that he wasn't good enough. It was everything, being abandoned, being tricked, being betrayed, he may have been young, but that wouldn't stop him. Nothing would. "If I can't be a son they're proud of, I'll be a villain they fear."