3: After Some Time

Over the course of three years, many problems had risen and fell in Ninjago, all of which were taken care of by the ninja. But one problem still stood, one from the beginning. Lloyd still roamed free, mostly under the radar. Every so often, the ninja would get a call about a boy terrorizing a village, stealing supplies, and burning things, other then that they couldn't track down the boy. Which was probably difficult because, he wasn't all that small anymore, sure he was small for being sixteen at this point, but he'd grown, and fixed his black hoodie to fit him better, removed the cape from the back, added in some hidden pockets on the inside which held small bags with flour and twine in them, to help light a fire on colder nights seeing as he didn't exactly have a home. (Flour and twine are both fairly flammable.) While his father recruited the serpentine, Lloyd had been struggling to survive being too stubborn to give up and go to the ninja for help and shelter. After the three years since the Great Devourer was defeated, Lloyd had been approached by a greasy looking guy.

"Lloyd Garmadon I presume?" The greasy guy spoke when he approached Lloyd.

Lloyd looked up from the comic he'd stolen from a kid and was now reading. "Who wants to know?" The greasy guy handed Lloyd an envelope and walked away. "That's not an answer, dumbass." The blond grumbled as he opened the envelope, curious as to what it was. "Master Chen Invites you to participate in his Tournament of Elements?" He read over it. "Y'know what, I'm curious, I'm gonna go, why not? What's the worst that could happen?"

--------

"Why did we listen to the creepy letter again?" Lloyd heard someone ask when he arrived at the docks.

"We need to find Lloyd, this is our best bet." Someone answered the person from before.

"Ninja." Lloyd grumbled as he pulled up his hood. "Of course they're here, elemental powers. I can't believe I fell for that bullshit." He turned to leave only to run into the greasy guy.

"Young Garmadon, Master Chen will be glad you chose to participate." The greasy guy spoke, gaining the ninjas' attention.

"I'm only here because my curiosity got the best of me. I'm leaving now, I've changed my mind."

"That's too bad, it seems the prize offered isn't what you wanted then?"

"No, I just don't feel like being dragged to my uncle the second I get spotted." Lloyd answered, glancing at the ninja, who were looking around for him.

"Ah, yes. The Ninja. I see." The greasy guy began as Lloyd started to walk away. "Then I suppose you don't wish to meet your father's old sensei."

Lloyd stopped. "What?"

"Master Chen? Your father's old sensei. He'd be glad to get to meet his ex-student's son."

"Why'd my father stop being his student?"

"The same reason Master Chen is no longer permitted off his private island."

"I guess I've stayed under the radar for three years. I can hide right under their noses for a few weeks."

Half way through the ferry ride to Chen's island, Lloyd got spotted by the ninja. "He grew." Kai mumbled.

"Who?" Jay asked.

"Lloyd." Kai pointed over at Lloyd, he was right, the blond's hair had grown out of the awkward bowl cut from before, and he'd grown a few inches.

"So he is here." Cole whispered as Lloyd spotted them and pulled up his hood. "Zane," The Overlord shit never happened so Zane's not dead. "What do you think, should we contact Sensei and have him send Nya to get us out of here?"

"I do not think that would be wise, Nya's samurai mech is too noticeable, and I do not wish to find out what would happen if we were to tell someone where we are." The group heard something land on the top of the ferry above them.

"What was-" Kai began.

"Well if it isn't the traitor himself, Lord Garmadon." The greasy guy grumbled as Garmadon climbed into the ferry. ".. How did you get here?"

"I. Have been here the whole time. I also saw my son board the ferry, and sorry but that bullshit's not happening." Kai looked over at Lloyd, the blond was covering his face as much as possible with his hood. "What lie did Chen tell him to get him to even consider-"

"There was no lie that was told to your son Garmadon. Calm down. He said himself that he came because he was curious as to what was going to happen."

Kai spotted Lloyd sneaking away to a different part of the ferry, to avoid being seen by his father. "I'm gonna go look around." Kai whispered to the other three ninja before he followed Lloyd. "Lloyd." Kai spoke when he caught up with the blond.

Lloyd glanced at Kai. "What do you want?" He asked quietly.

"Why're you here?"

"Why're you here? Aren't you busy fighting to protect Ninjago, and all of its people."

"Okay, don't get pissy with me, Lloyd."

"Why shouldn't I, you're only what, a year, two years older than me, and I have no respect for you. So I'll be as pissy as I want Fire-For-Brains."

"You ever think that maybe you have these powers for a reason Lloyd? A reason other then to cause destruction?"

"No, and I don't care if there is some other reason. The world has shown me no kindness, so I won't show it any either."

"You ever stop to think that maybe the reason the world's never shown kindness to you, is because you haven't shown kindness to it?"

"You're Kai, right?"

"Yeah?"

"Well Kai, did you forget what I said one of the first times I spoke anywhere near you?" Lloyd glared, his voice was cold. "I will not show kindness to a world that would allow someone to abandon their child at a boarding school, and never return. One that would allow an uncle to not care about his nephew until he causes problems. One that lets a father be absent, and when he finally meets his child, immediately be disappointed in them for trying to make him proud."

"Lloyd-"

"No. There's nothing that can change that. Nothing anyone says can change what's happened to me, or what's come to be from it." The ferry came to a stop. They had arrived at Chen's Island.

"Everyone off the Ferry." A voice spoke over the overhead speakers.

"See ya Flame-Brain." Lloyd mumbled as he walked away. A patch of ice sat where he'd been standing, and small patches of ice appeared as he walked away. Kai tried to follow Lloyd again, but his feet were frozen in place.