12

"What's he doing here?" Lloyd questioned after spotting Garmadon on the deck of the bounty.

"He-" Cole began.

"These fools are incompetent, and I do not believe they can successfully keep these so called 'Sons of Garmadon' from capturing you." Garmadon interrupted.

"The only incompetent person here is you." Lloyd scowled before turning to Kai, who stood next to him. "I'm leaving as soon as the Bounty lands."

"I really don't think-" Kai started to speak.

"And how am I incompetent?" Garmadon frowned.

"I dunno, which person here is a complete failure of a father, who refuses to admit that he thinks his son is a disappointment? Do tell me 'cus I don't remember 'Father'."

"I never said you were a disappointment!" 

"You don't think I can figure shit out for myself?" Lloyd shouted. "Well surprise surprise Garmadon! I figured out how to survive on my own, I figured out how to raise myself, I figured out how to escape when Pythor betrayed me, I figured out that mom never wanted me, I figured out how to use my powers, I have figured out and done everything that needs to be done for me to not die!" Lloyd yelled, a thin layer of ice forming around him on the deck of the Bounty.

Kai quickly stepped in before Garmadon could continued the argument. "Let's calm down." Zane spoke as Kai tried to calm Lloyd down. "Lloyd, it is not your father's fault that he was not there when you were young, furthermore you did not allow him to explain himself when you first got the chance to talk to you. Garmadon, while you not the one at fault considering your absence in Lloyd's childhood, you knew you had a child, and the skeletons could leave the Underworld, the least you could have done was send him letters, from what he told us last time he was here, he tried to send you quite a few."

Garmadon frowned. "I did when I was in the Underworld, that of course was when I assumed Samukai was loyal. If Lloyd never got them, he must have never had them sent."

Fury lit up in Lloyd's eyes Letters? He thought, He can't seriously think I believe him. "So now you're going to try to lie your way out of this?" Lloyd questioned.

"I'm not lying, Son."

"Don't call me son!" Lloyd yelled. "I know you're lying! Do you want to know how I know?"

"Why do you think I'm lying Lloyd?"

"One, Kruncha and Knuckle, two of the skeletons that worked for you, worked at Darkly's temporarily before I go thrown out, they told me about you and the Underworld. Two, we were taught about the Underworld in Darkly's, paper is scarce and is only used for maps there. Three, I can see you avoiding eye contact with everyone! It doesn't matter how good at lying you think you are! I can tell because I figured a long time ago that people are terrible and all they do is manipulate others and make them feel insignificant!!!" 

Everyone stayed quiet when Lloyd finished. Even Garmadon couldn't find the right words, he was somewhat right after all. Garmadon had lied a little. He hadn't tried to send a letter to Lloyd, but he had thought about it, only to decide against it, as little contacted with his son as possible, entirely because he thought that perhaps that way, Lloyd would not end up like him. In the end, that backfired, and had been on of the factors in Lloyd not only being like Garmadon, but the child resenting his father. "Lloyd."

"What."

"You're..." Garmadon took a breath. "You're right, I was lying."

"That's what I-"

"But I did think about sending you a letter. I didn't in the end. I wanted to."

"Wanting to isn't enough. And it doesn't matter if you wanted to or not anyway, it's too late."

"I didn't want you to become like me, I see now that, that has happened regardless." Garmadon spoke. "I'm sorry."

Lloyd's face remained in a scowl. "Sorry doesn't cut it."