Seven

It was a very windy October afternoon. Ryleigh was pacing her room, muttering things to herself to try and calm her anxiety. She was home alone and felt as if Luka would come over while she was alone. Her orange tabby cat was curled at the end of her bed, snoring softly. Ryleigh stopped pacing and called the first person that came to mind; Tommy.

"Hold on guys." She heard Tommy speak after answering the facetime. A few clicks were heard before his attention was entirely on her. "Everything okay, Ry?"

"Im home alone and will be for a few more hours, possibly until tomorrow." She spoke quickly. "Tubbo is at a friends and my parents had errands to run like hours away from here so Lani went with them. Teagan is at a friends house. I stayed home because Tubbo comes home tomorrow and they needed someone to be here just in case they aren't home and now im home alone and im extremely anxious." She finished, finally sitting on her bed.

"Alright. I'll stay on the phone with you however long, sound good? We can play minecraft or watch a film or whatever." He spoke softly. She nodded, happy she avoided why she was so afraid. "Let me hang up on Niki, Fundy and Will, yeah?"

A few clicks were heard on his end before his face filled with fear. He laughed nervously and started stuttering.

"You- Haha. You guys di-didn't hear that right?" He asked the people in the call. Tommy argued a bit before hanging up and then saying goodbye to his stream.

"Hello again." He said with a small smile forming on his face. His phone was set on his monitor as he leaned back in his chair.

"Hi." She said softly. She stood to play music from her computer as he started rambling on about his stream. They both agreed to create a world and play together privately.

"Noooo! I wanted that tree!" She yelled as she hit his character back. He crouched a few times while laughing.

"Were in a forest! Find another!" He yelled, running past the girl's character and mining the tree. She groaned playfully and started mining another tree. They had successfully mined a lot of surrounding trees. Tommy went mining while she used the stacks of wood to build a house and tools.

The house had two stories. One for chests and furnaces another for beds and more necessities. The call soon went silent as they slowly achieved more and more in the world.

"Hey Tommy?" The girl asked softly, her character stopping in-game.

"Whats up?" He asked.

"Were friends, right?" She asked softly.     

"Of course we are. Are you asking because of the way i can be rude sometimes? It's purely a joke and a bit." He spoke softly.

"No, no i know that. I was just wondering because maybe we could hang out sometime. Sometimes without Tubbo as well, if thats okay. If not thats totally okay as well."

"I like that idea. You could possibly stay the night as long as Tubbo is 'round too. I'd like to hang out with you more though." He said making the girl blush and smile. Tommy admired her through the screen.

The pair soon agreed to both hang up and shower. She finished her shower rather quickly and texted Tommy to call when he was finished his shower. She didnt want to call him while he was in the shower and make things awkward. Her sent message soon went from delivered to read.

Ryleigh's phone vibrated against the condensation filled marble countertops of her bathroom as a facetime from Tommy came through. She answered quickly and continued to brush out her long brown hair.

"Hello!" He said happily.

"Hola." She replied. She shook out her wet hair before walking out of the bathroom and down the stairs. She made some food while Tommy kept her company.

{659 words}