Epilogue

December 10th, 2021 was a very special day. The one year anniversary of Ryleigh and Tommy finally making things official. They'd been together a full 365 days and things couldn't have been better for them. They had their ups and downs, obviously, but they worked through it.

Distance was a very big problem. Their parents loved them but just couldn't drive ten hours for a two day trip. Obviously they saw each other when they could and they made it worth while.

Today was one of those days where they had planned and planned and planned to make seeing each other work, though every new plan or reworked plan fell through.

So Ryleigh decided to break the rules for once, despite the consequences, and drove to see him. Tubbo and his girlfriend, Alice, tagged along as well. They wouldn't be hanging out with Tommy and Ryleigh but they'd take the car and hang out in town and go on a date. Tubbo was not letting Ryleigh go alone and this was the best way to assure that.

The trio left at 12am. Alice and Tubbo cuddled in the back seat while Ryleigh drove. She drove all the way to Tommy's destination, ignoring his many calls and messages throughout the ride. It was about 10:45 in the morning when they arrived.

"Alright here's the plan. You guys go and do as you please until you're content with how you spent your day. We book a hotel tonight and leave tomorrow morning. Sound alright?" Ryleigh said, looking at the two in the back.

"Yes ma'am, thank you Ry. Go have fun with loverboy." Tubbo said, hopping out of the car with Alice. She hugged the both of them and grabbed her things. She had informed his parents she was stopping by for the day and they agreed wholeheartedly. They all agreed not to tell Tommy that she was arriving as well.

Ryleigh waved Tubbo goodbye and quickly texted Tommy's parent's she had safely arrived. They let her in and she immediately hugged them before bending down to tame the dogs.

"Would you like me to call him down?" Tommy's mother asked politely.

"Sure." Ryleigh said with a smile. She was very happy to be in the household again.

"Tom! Can you come down for a minute?"

"Hold on Mum, can it wait?! I'm talking to Will!" The boy yelled. Ryleigh had to hold back her laughter.

"Honey i think it's best if you walk up yourself. Feel free to tell us if he gets to be too much." His father stated with a small laugh.

"Thank you!" She said happily before walking up the stairs. She made it to his bedroom door and knocked with a smile.

"Mum! Hold on please!" He yelled kindly. "No Will it can wait just a moment." Tommy mumbled.

Ryleigh opened the door and tsked at him.

"So rude to your poor mother. You should be nicer to that woman Tommy, she puts up with you." Ryleigh said, leaning on his now closed bedroom door.

"Ryleigh? Wha- What?" Tommy asked, turning around in his chair. She took notice of the discord video call he was on with Niki and Wilbur.

"Well am i just standing here for nothing or are you going to bloody hug me!" Ryleigh exclaimed. Tommy smiled and immediately stood up to embrace the older. He lifted her off the ground with ease.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asked, setting her down and cupping her face.

"I drove. Tubbo and Alice are going on a date in town while im hanging with you today. We are booking a hotel for the night and then leaving tomorrow morning."

"You drove ten hours to see me?"

"Yes. It's our one year and every plan we have made fell through. I took matters into my own hands." Ryleigh said with a smile. Tommy laughed happily. "Okay now kiss me since i havent seen you in what feels like forty years." Ryleigh giggled.

The boy did as told and kissed her happily. Once he pulled away he picked her up bridal style and walked back to his chair.

"Package acquired. I am back." Tommy said once he put his headset on.

"Hi will! Hello niki!" Ryleigh greeted with a yawn.

"Wait, what time dod you leave this morning?" Tommy asked, looking down at the girl who was now contently cuddled into him.

"Well, babe, if its a ten hour drive and its almost eleven, what time do you think i left?"

"I dropped out of school for a reason." Tommy replied.

"Twelve in the morning, Tom, twelve in the morning." She mumbled tiredly.

"I assume Tubbo and Alice just cuddled in the back. Im also to assume since you left in the middle of the god damn night, your parents have no clue where you are?"

"You are very right on all of them. I turn eighteen in thirteen days, it's whatever." Ryleigh shrugged. Tommy laughed softly and let her fall asleep on him whilst he talked with Wilbur and Niki.

After a while he started streaming for a very short early stream so people wouldn't question him.

None of his fans had known about his relationship with his long term girlfriend. For starters neither had wanted to disclose that yet. Secondly the pair knew she'd get hated on for dating her brother's best friend. Thirdly the relationship was already complicated as it was and putting the pressure of society's standards on them and still being teenagers just felt wrong to the both of them.

They had never disagreed on disclosing their relationship to the public. They both agreed that they'd talk about it when they both felt it was appropriate. They'd both really love the pleasure of posting about the other or bragging that they were dating one another. Sadly with today's society they'd be shamed or called names online and neither could do for a mental health slip.

Tommy's stream only lasted an hour at most and that was because he was anxious to spend time with Ryleigh who was only there for a limited amount of time.

He hadn't turned on facecam so he had just texted his mom to make up an excuse for him to stop streaming. Like they had to go out somewhere or something. His mother laughed at him in response but nonetheless called up the stairs so he could end his stream.

The fans were clueless of how impatient he had really been. He ended abruptly and carried the still sleeping girl to his bed.

Truthfully Tommy hadn't slept the night before. He had sat in bed trying to think of something to do to make up for their one year anniversary apart. He spent the next few hours cuddled under his blankets with the girl he genuinely wanted to spend forever with.

While most teenage relationships don't last, he would give up everything for this teenage relationship to work.

Instead of booking a hotel Tubbo and Alice had just stayed at Tommy's house, Tommy's parents insisting that it would just waste money when they had space. She also said that Tommy would probably guilt trip them to allow them to stay anyway and it was just knocking two birds with one stone.

Tubbo and Alice stayed in the guest room. Tommy and Ryleigh stayed in his bedroom.

Tubbo and Alice had been dating for almost eight months now and happily at that. She'd been introduced to the fanbase and everyone loved her immensely. She complimented Tubbo down to the T. They were perfect for one another.

If Ryleigh were to be told that the annoying boy her brother called his best friend would become someone of great importance to her, she'd simply call bullshit.

She wouldn't change a single thing despite it though, not a single thing.

{1312 words}

it's over now, how we feeling?