Salt and Sugar

It is the first day of sophomore year. My boyfriend James and I walked in. It felt good to be back. Everyone was walking around, some at their lockers. "I have science first" James said. "I have....algebra" I said. We checked each other's schedules, we had no classes together, I sighed as he kissed my forehead. I looked at him and smiled. "Bye, I love you" I said blowing kisses to him. "Bye babe" James said. I walked into algebra class and the one and only Luke Peterson was there, my all time bully. He was the popular guy that every girl wanted. He had blue eyes, brown messy hair, and silver rings on. All the seats were full except for the one in front of him. " Ms. Morgan your late." Mr. Davis said. "Sorry, i got caught up with something" I said nervously. I rushed to my seat as Luke stared at me. Class continued. Mr. Davis gave each student a worksheet filled with geometry questions, about 20 of them.

I worked on it. "Class I'll be right back, I just need to use the restroom" Mr. Davis said as he rushed out.

As he left a couple seconds later, a piece of paper that was crumpled up landed on my desk. I opened it. It said loser. I could here Luke laughing with his mates. I turned around and threw the paper back at him. It hit is face. "Hey what the hell!" he exclaimed. I smirked in satisfaction.

Class finished. I got up and left the classroom before anybody else. I made my way to my locker to get my Theology book. As I pulled it out all my papers flew out of my locker and on the floor. They slid everywhere. "Shit!" I ran to pick them up. A couple girls helped me as well. I saw James. He rushed over to help. "Hey what happened here" he said while handing me a couple papers. "Just an accident." I said giggling.

As I finished cleaning up the papers I said bye to James and went to Theology class. It was very boring. After a few minutes in class Luke walked in with his hair messier than it already was before. Then a girl followed in. Her shirt looked a little off. I rolled my eyes in disgust. He then sat behind me. He and his friends were talking non-stop. The girl wouldn't take her eyes off Luke. Every two minutes she would turn and smile at him. I don't know why, but I felt Luke staring at me throughout class...