"An unexpected job" (Ch'1)

Third Person Perspective.

Wilbur slowly stirred awake, his eyes lidded open as he was still half asleep. He had stayed up late the night before so it took him a bit to wake up more.

He let out a long yawn, rubbing his eyes as he sat up. His brunette hair was fluffy and messy, his bangs all in his face as he blew them to the side.

He slowly got out of bed, stretching his arms as he started getting ready for the day.

First he took a shower, doing his stuff in the bathroom as he put on a fresh set of clothes. He brushed and fixed his hair, maybe focusing on it a little more than everything else, as he did everyday.

Once he was done in the bathroom he went to his bedroom window, opening it and looking out at the village. It seemed to be a lovely day, the sun was in the sky and the sky was pure blue. Birds flew around each other in the sky above, it seemed lovely in general.

After taking in the view from his window, Wilbur headed down the stairs, all to greet his ever so lovely family.

When he arrived downstairs he saw his younger brother, Tommy, sitting at the table with Tubbo, being loud about something as always.

Wilbur smiled at his brother, used to the loudness as he went up behind him and ruffled the blond's hair.

Tommy let out a screech of jiberish as he flinched from the sudden touch, Wilbur laughing at his brother, who huffed.

"Bloody hell Wilbur! Don't fucking scare me like that!" Tommy yelled out, glaring at Wilbur. Tubbo seemed to laugh with Wilbur, covering his mouth as Tommy snapped his head to his friend.

"Sorry sorry," Wilbur let out jokingly, sitting down in one of the chairs at the table. "Phil making breakfast or am I?" Wilbur asked, beginning to look around.

"Where is the old man, anyways?" Wilbur hummed out, tilting his head a bit.

"Philza went to go pick up some stuff from the bakery for breakfast!" Tubbo let out, leaning back in his chair.

"Ah, okay," Wilbur shrugged a bit, stretching his arms out. "Any news about the jobs for today? It's Monday so we should be getting some new ones." Wilbur said softly, looking at the two others in front of him.

"He kept rambling about getting somethin from the fuckin royals or something, I couldn't understand what the hell he kept going on about." Tommy shrugged a bit, looking out one of the windows.

"The royals?" Wilbur let out in a bit of shock. "But I thought the royals weren't fond of us?" Wilbur blinked a bit.

"Apparently they need a job done," Tubbo let out. "I'm confused about it too, but from what I heard from Philza they promise a huge reward!" Tubbo said with a bit of excitement now in his tone.

"Must be pretty big, but if it's what I assume a really big deal shouldn't wait until Techno is back from his last job? He's the best out of all of us." Wilbur let out, a bit puzzled.

"I'm better than that pink haired bitch!" Tommy let out loudly, Tubbo laughing a bit as Wilbur rolled his eyes at the blond. "Sure, Tom-tom." Wilbur teased, crossing his arms.

"Don't call me stupid fucking nicknames!" Tommy yelled out angrily, Wilbur snickering at Tommy's easily angered attitude.

Just as Wilbur was about to reply Philza walked in, seeming a lot more energetic then normal.

"Hey Phil, you seem in a good mood." Wilbur laughed a little, watching as Phil set down a bag full of different breads and bakery foods.

"Today's turning out to be a good day, son!" Philza ruffled Wilbur's hair, making Wilbur blink a bit.

"What happened? I heard something about the royals?" Wilbur let out as he grabbed some bread from the bag, Tommy and Tubbo already stuffing their faces themselves.

"That's the best thing about today! The royals gave us a job!" Philza let out. Wilbur being confused.

"But what job could be so big that they had to get us to do it? Not that we aren't good assassins or anything, but they should have literal army's, why pay us for something they can likely do themselves?"

Wilbur said as Phil sat down in one of the chairs, leaning back. "Well, this is one of the biggest jobs we've had in a while, Wil," Philza started.

"You know the thief group that goes by DT?" Philza looked to Wilbur, who nodded slowly.

"Well, they've tried for months to catch the leader but they can't seem to do it, and with our record of catching thieves like them they want us to assassinate the leader!" Phil let out, Wilbur's eyes widening a bit.

"No way, but Techno isn't back from his job! Surely he should be the one to do it!" Wilbur let out. "That's the good part, Wilbur," Phil started again.

"I want you to do the job."

(Small updates and changes were added to better the stories quality.)