"Information, old friends" (Ch'6)

Dream's Perspective.

I let out a soft groan as I walked down the small forest path. It was the next day, and the night with the kid was hell.

He wouldn't shut up. I normally don't get much sleep anyways, but he just made it worse.

I kinda just got out of there once sunlight hit, I'm sure Sapnap and George could handle him, or well, George can make sure Sapnap doesn't punch him.

I heard rustling from a nearby tree, so I glared up at the tree I heard the noise from, carefully taking out my sword.

After seeing nothing, I heard a thump from the other side of me, turning my head that way to see my good friend, Punz.

"Punz? Thought you didn't come around these areas." I let out a small sigh, putting away my sword.

"Changed my mind." Punz shrugged, his arms folded behind his neck.

I've known Punz for a few years now, he's helped me with many things before.

He has a lot of 'contacts' so he can sure as hell get someone some good shit, it's all about how much someone is willing to pay for it.

"Anyway, I got some info I thought you'd like to hear." Punz hummed, glancing around at the scenery.

"And what will be the price of this 'information'? I know you always have a price, Punz." I raised my eyebrow, arms crossing.

"Nothing, consider it a favor from an old friend," Punz let out, I was confused, but I let him continue.

"I saw how you took that kid, yeah? Well I followed the other kid back home. Seems like the whole family's a group of assassins, they'll be looking for him." Punz explained, I nodded as he spoke.

"Tell me more about the family." I said softly, slowly starting to smirk to myself.

A whole family of assassins, huh? This should be fun.

Wilbur's Perspective.

I let out a small sigh as I packed some supplies in a bag. I didn't get much sleep last night, worry and guilt eat me alive.

I wasn't sure what to do, I mean, Tommy being kidnapped by one of the most dangerous thieves known? It was going to be one hell of a time trying to find the bastard, let alone get him back.

I heard soft knocks on the door, so I let out a sigh and turned my head to the door. "Come in." I let out loud enough for whoever was behind the door to hear.

I soon saw Fundy slowly open the door and peek in before walking in. "Hey, Wil, how're you doing..?" Fundy asked, sounding concerned.

I just shrugged and turned back to my bag. I'm sure it was obvious how I was doing. How was I supposed to be doing with my younger brother possibly in danger??

"Figured..." Fundy let out a small, nervous laugh, before clearing his throat. "Whatcha up to..?"

"I plan on looking around on the outsides of the town, mostly in some of the forest areas. I doubt they would be anywhere in the town, probably not even very close to the outsides of town, but I have to try." I let out with a sigh.

"Alright... Do you want me to join you..?" Fundy let out softly, coming closer to me as I finished packing.

"No no, it's alright, I got this." I said reassuringly, throwing the bag over my shoulder and turning to the door.

"If you're sure... Just be careful.." Fundy said as he moved aside, I then nodded in response and walked to the door.

After that, I walked through the house to the front door, then walked out. I walked down the village path, mostly ignoring anyone walking by me.

I walked out of the village, going up a path that led to the forest. I soon made my way more into the forest, following the path.

I started to feel more at ease, taking a breath and then letting it out, relaxing slightly.

I always felt more calm in the forest and outdoors in general. It was peaceful, and I could feel comfortable there.

I heard rustling in a tree, so I glanced over. I didn't really see much, so I shrugged it off and thought it was an animal, but that idea shattered as a voice spoke out.

"Heard you were looking for your brother." I voice spoke to me, I hesitantly turned my head back to the tree, and my gaze was met with the mask I almost feared to see.

Never knew it would be so easy to find this bastard.

(Small updates and changes were added to better the stories quality.)