"The Next Morning" (Ch'14)

Wilbur's Perspective.

I let out a quiet groan as the sun shined in my eyes, causing me to shift around where I laid.

As I woke up more, I began to remember the events of last night...

And how bloody uncomfortable the floor was.

After Dream and George had come back in, we all slept shortly after. We had to sleep on the cave floor which wasn't very comfortable, but I got through it.

I hadn't slept much at all actually, I was too nervous one of them would try something while I slept, and I didn't really plan to die yet.

I began to sit up after a moment, stretching out my arms as I scanned the cave. It seemed that George and Sapnap were still sound asleep, but Dream was nowhere in sight.

"Awake?" I jolted at the sudden sound of Dream's voice, whipping my head towards him to see him begin to laugh at how I reacted.

"Pff- did I scare you?" He chuckled, a bag over his shoulder as he stared me down through his mask.

"..No" I huffed out in response, shifting my gaze to the floor as my arms crossed. "I just...woke up, is all" I mumbled.

"Sure, sure" Dream hummed, getting out a small bag and tossing it to me.

I scrambled to catch it, holding it in my hands as I opened it slightly to see what was inside. "Barries..?"

"Yep!" Dream set the bag he had down for a moment, stretching. "We haven't gone hunting for more meat yet but I thought you might be hungry so I got some for all of us"

"Huh.." I mumbled, raising an eyebrow. I was suspicious, I didn't really trust him, or any of them, after all.

Dream seemed to pick up on my suspicion and rolled his eyes, sighing. "They aren't poisoned, for the record" Dream huffed, going over to Sapnap and kicking his arm to wake him up.

"Dreeeeaam.." Sapnap whined, shifting around. "No...go away" Sapnap mumbled, half asleep it seemed.

"Wake up, you big baby" Dream teased, kicking him again, but he was being light.

"Shut the fuck up, you asshole" Sapnap huffed, glaring up at Dream.

"No, stupid" Dream snickered, the two then just spitting out insults back and forth at each other, seeming to cause George to wake up.

"Bloody hell...can you both shut up?" George mumbled, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

This seemed to get the two to pout and stop, Dream walking over to the two big bags that were in the corner after giving both George and Sapnap a bag of berries.

George yawned out, stretching his arms a bit before taking his bag or berries and eating a few. "It's all in the bags, right Dream?" George hummed out, leaning back.

"Yep!" Dream let out cheerfully, leaning on the wall after checking the bags.

I watched the three talk back and forth, sometimes bickering, I had to admit, they were...almost entertaining.

I then looked back down at the bag of berries I have, taking out one and examining it. Well, the others had the same kind of berries so it couldn't be bad right?

I slowly put a few in my mouth, eating them slowly, I then waited a few moments and when nothing happened I just let out a sigh of relief and ate a few more.

"Wilbur, was it?" I flinched, looking up to see George standing next to where I sat. "Ah, uhm, yes.." I mumbled, clearing my throat and glancing off.

"I'm sorry for not formally meeting you last night, things were just a bit different I suppose" George chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck. "May I sit?"

I slowly nodded, glancing up at him before glancing back off. George then sat next to me, but still kept some distance.

"You're that assassin that wants to kill Dream, right?" George asked in a blunt tone, his head tilting.

"You say that so casually.." I mumbled, bringing my knees to my chest. "I just know Dream can handle himself," George hummed, shrugging.

"Not like it's the first time he's had an assassin after him, though we've never had one accompanying us"

"I understand that, I suppose" I let out quietly, sighing under my breath as I stared off into space.

"Well, you might wanna prepare for a journey, we'll be walking quite a ways" George hummed out, causing me to glance at him. "Where are we going..?" I trailed off.

"To the next town, it's about a week's journey on foot, but we'll be setting camp at night of course" George then stood.

"Ah, alright.." I stretched a bit, standing too as George walked off to talk with Sapnap.

About ten minutes later, we headed out, walking along a forest path.

"Why do I have to carry the bags?" Sapnap whined, carrying the two large bags.

"Because I did last time" Dream laughed a bit at Sapnap's slight struggle, George just seeming to ignore the two as he led the way.

I stayed quiet as Sapnap and Dream bickered, almost feeling bad for the raven having to carry the bags.

But I then felt a rush of panic go through me as Sapnap tripped over a rock and almost dropped one of the bags, but I grabbed onto it, stumbling around at how heavy it was.

"Bloody hell, what's in this?" I huffed, straightening myself as I got a better hold of it. "Gold" Dream hummed out in response, eyeing me.

"Here, I got it" Sapnap reached out for the bag, but I just eyed him and rolled my eyes. "No, I can carry it" I let out, Sapnap just blinking at my response and chuckling.

"Well thanks" Sapnap grinned at me, causing me to just mumble out 'your welcome' and glance away.

As we continued to walk, I could almost feel Dream glaring me and Sapnap down, but I thought nothing of it.

"This isn't the main road, are we going down a back one?" My head tilted, Sapnap nodding in response.

"Yep! Guards patrol the main road too much for us to be able to safely use it, so we have to go down back roads until we pass the kingdom line" Sapnap explained, shrugging a bit.

"Ah, okay.." I let out, nodding a little as I looked ahead of myself.

"If the bag is too heavy I can carry it.." Dream mumbled, seeming to look off and pout. "Nono, I got it" I blinked.

Well...is this how it'll be for the next week?

...

Could be worse, I guess..

Tueur De Rêves (DreamSmp Au) (Dreambur)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara