"A Raven's Advance" (Ch'12)

Wilbur's Perspective.

It all happened so fast..

Getting a mission from the royals themselves, Tommy getting taken, finding Dream, taking Tommy's place, and now being led to who knows where from the man I was supposed to kill?

It just wasn't right.

Dream was smug, annoyingly smug, he tried his best to be all charming and all that bullshit but it's annoying more than anything.

Well, that's what I told myself.

I will admit, I was still slightly intimidated, I mean this man was known for being one of the best fighters in all the land, he'd never been taken down, unwillingly, anyway, the only times he lost was when he let himself lose.

We finally made it to a cave, seemingly lit on the inside. I was quite nervous, I mean I didn't know what Dream had in mind for me, I didn't know why he would even let me take Tommy's place anyway.

"Come on, now, they won't bite" Dream hummed as he approached the cave. "Well, I won't let them, anyway" He chuckled. "'They?'" I raised an eyebrow, hesitantly following him into the cave.

Inside the cave, I only saw one other person, despite Dream saying 'they', he seemed to be a male with raven hair and dark pale blue eyes. The man seemed to be sharpening a blade.

"Sapnap," Dream spoke, causing the raven to perk up. "I'm back, with a 'buddy' too" Dream let out as he slightly pushed me more into the cave, causing me to stumble a bit.

The raven looked over to us, his eyes darting to me as he looked me up and down, which made me more nervous, to say the least.

"Who's he then?" Sapnap, which was apparently his name, spoke as he began to smirk, his eyes not leaving me.

"He's Wilbur Soot, the assassin that was supposed to kill me, he traded himself in for his brother" Dream shrugged a bit, throwing down a bag he had into a pile of other bags in the corner.

Sapnap stood, approaching me in silence, which made me begin to back up but he put a hand on my shoulder to stop me, getting too close for comfort. He looked down at me, dead in the eyes, him also being a bit taller than me.

My breath hitched as my body tensed, gulping slightly. I stared back up at him, not wanting to seem vulnerable.

"You're a brave one, aren't you?" Sapnap let out, his hand on my shoulder moving from there to my chin. I huffed out, my expression turning more stern as I glared up at him. "You could say that" I let out sternly.

After a moment of silence, the other just chuckled and stepped back, ruffling my hair a bit. "You seem fun," Sapnap teased, shrugging. "I like you already" Sapnap grinned at me before he turned on his heel and went back to where he was before.

I took a moment to process, letting out an annoyed sigh under my breath, my arms crossing.

Gods, I had to be placed with the most irritating people, didn't I?

Dream's Perspective.

I couldn't stop staring in Wilbur and Sapnaps direction after that whole scene.

I mean, was Sapnap really flirting with the guy who was supposed to kill me? Typical Sapnap, I guess that's why it annoyed me so much right? Yeah, right.

"So you said 'they' before, not 'him', is there anyone else here, or coming?" Wilbur spoke after a moment, causing me to snap out of my thoughts.

"Oh- Well- Uh-" As I began to speak, we heard another voice come from the entrance of the cave.

"Dream"

...

Oh no.

"What the fuck?"