"Date with the devil" (Ch'9)

Wilbur's Perspective.

Nightfall had already come as I traveled the forest path, my anxiety rising with every step I took towards where I would meet the bastard with Tommy.

I was nervous, incredibly. I didn't know what I was walking into. This could be a trap, I could have been tricked.

I shook my head, trying to shake off the feeling. I can't lose myself in fear now, I have to do this, even if it is a trap. Tommy needs my help, I can't leave him. I'll get him back, one way or another.

I soon came across the area, studying it. I studied all over, the sky, the trees, the ground. As I looked around, seeing no sign of Dream, I studied the ground more. It looked...off.

I had always had a bit of a talent sensing or locating traps, and this seemed oddly suspicious. I grabbed a nearby rock, and gently threw it at the strange looking place. Just as I suspected, a hole was revealed.

I let out a scoff, so he really did plan a trap? It was poorly made, too, guess the oh so feared and powerful Dream wasn't good with making traps?

As I studied the hole more as I raised an eyebrow, my head whipping around when I heard slow clapping.

As my head turned quickly to look behind me, I saw the man himself, Dream, standing beside a tree as he slowly clapped, seeming to look me up and down.

"Well done, I guess I should've expected you to notice the trap, being an assassin, and all." Dream let out in a calm down.

I huffed a bit, my expression turning stern as I pulled out my bow. "So you know what I am?" I almost growled out, slightly approaching him as I got away from the hole, burying my nerves down inside me for the time being.

"Oh of course, I know much about you, your family, all of it, Soot." He hummed, pulling out his sword, the blade shining in the moonlight.

"I would call that creepy, but what else could I expect from the likes of you?" I scoffed, drawing my bow and aiming at him. "Now, I will ask this peacefully once, where is my goddamn brother?"

"He's around." Dream let out simply, watching my every move. "Now why should I believe that?" My eyes narrowed, watching him as intensely as he did me.

"You don't have to, your choice, brunette," Dream leaned on his sword. "But I don't have much of a reason to lie, do I?"

"You lied about this not being a trap." I huffed at him, giving him a sharp glare. "True, but I didn't exactly try with the trap, I wanted to see if you fell for it." Dream seemed to shrug.

"Dream, I want Tommy back,"

"I know,"

"Then where is he?"

"I said around,"

"I want a better answer."

"Then come force it out of me."

I growled to myself as I could basically feel his sickening grin. With quick movements, I shot arrows at him. He moved swiftly, managing to dodge each one.