"Positions" (Ch'11)

Wilbur's Perspective

The silence in the air was so thick you could cut through it.

Both me and Dream were fairly quiet as I was hesitant to follow the hooded male. I could sprint off at any time, but I didn't know what he would do, so I just obeyed, and, this would be the easiest way to get a chance to kill him, anyway.

It was strange how silent Dream was, he seemed like the type to be gloating, but he was just...quiet.

Now this just felt fucking awkward.

I let out a quiet sigh as I looked off to the side, but soon a thought came to my head.

This would be the perfect time to go in for an attack right? He seems distracted, and the only reason I came up with this deal was for a better chance at assassinating him, so I should just go for it right?

As I watched Dream's every move, I slowly reached for my weapon, but I paused when Dream let out a sigh.

"You know you can run off at any time right? I'm not gonna chase you" Dream let out in an oddly calm tone.

"I didn't really expect this, to be honest, I thought you would have tried to get away by now, unless you like my company" He chuckled at the last part, shrugging as he stopped, glancing over to me and raising an eyebrow.

I stared back at him, kinda shocked, and confused. "I don't think I can trust you on that" I blurted out an excuse, trying to make it seem like I wasn't just getting ready to attack him.

Dream just turned and looked at me through his mask, shaking his head. "I know you wanna kill me, 'special' mission or something right? I've seen it before hundreds of times, just run back to your family, Soot" He crossed his arms.

I took a moment to process, taking a deep breath and just tackling him, managing to tackle him to the ground.

As we hit the ground, his mask slipped more to the side of his face. His emerald eyes stared up at me, at that point I noticed I was basically pinning him, but it worked out for me so I didn't mind it much.

We both kinda just stared at each other, I don't know what came over me, I just didn't find myself moving.

After a minute Dream just started grinning with a small chuckle. "Y'know, if this is an attempt for an attack, I don't really think you can hurt me by staring" Dream rolled his eyes.

"I wanna kill you, and that's what you say?"

"Well, Soot, with a position like this, it's kind of hard to take it seriously, this seems like something more than just an attack"

My face went slightly red from the comment, huffing out as I just ignored it with an eye roll, reaching for my weapon.

As I was reaching for my weapon, Dream kicked me hard and tossed me over, causing me to roll onto the ground with a groan.

I could hear him chuckling as I tried to regain myself, looking over to see him sitting up, watching me.

"Man, you go down that fast? You're too easy!" He ran a hand through his hair, clearly not taking any of this seriously.

I just sighed out and glared off to the side, this was irritating, he was basically mocking my attempt at trying to kill him.

"Y'know, I think I'll let you stick around, your attempts are pretty funny" Dream hummed out, moving his mask back to the front of his face.

I stayed silent and avoided eye contact, this really would be a challenge..