"Sundown" (Ch'8)

Wilbur's Perspective.

Hours have passed since my encounter with Dream, I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, I was still in shock from the whole thing.

Fundy, Phil, and Tubbo have been worried about me. They keep asking what has made me worse like this constantly, or what was going on in general. I merely came up with excuses, I wasn't sure if I should tell them or not.

Dream said to come alone, and if the others find out and insist on coming too they could get hurt from it, I'd never want that.

I looked out the window, seeing it was soon to be sundown. I let out a soft sigh as I leaned against the wall of my bedroom, sitting on my bed.

I knew I would have to leave soon, I had to tell something to someone, who knows what could happen. Even if it wasn't the complete details.

I slowly brought myself up from my bed. I decided to tell Phil, he was my father. I knew he would understand that I couldn't tell him everything.

I walked towards my bedroom door, leaving the room and heading downstairs, where I would see Philza pacing back and forth.

"Hey, Phil." I let out softly as I trailed off, biting my lip. I felt nervous, I always did with things like this.

Philza looked over as I could see him take a deep breath, him managing to smile at me, I could tell he was stressed.

"Hey, Wil. What's up..?" Phil asked me softly, I could see a bit of concern in his eyes, but I brushed it off.

"Ah, not much, I guess...Where are Tubbo and Fundy?" I asked as I approached closer to him.

"Fundy and Tubbo went to ask around town about Tommy, see if they knew or saw anything the night he was taken.." Phil trailed off. "Is everything alright, Wilbur..?" Phil asked me, his head tilting.

I let out a sigh, I had to tell him something. "Phil, there's not much I can say...it's hard to explain, but it might be best for everyone if I told you little information," I explained. Phil nodded along as I spoke, letting me continue.

"As I said, there isn't much I can tell you...but tonight I may be able to get Tommy back...I can't explain where or how, but there's a possibility." I explained, watching Phil's expression.

"Ah, something you have to do alone..?" Phil asked as I nodded a bit in response.

He took a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair. "I trust you, Wil, truly, I just... Ask you to be careful. I might have already lost one of my boys for good, I can't lose you too.." Phil said, a small crack in his voice.

I approached him and opened my arms for a hug, to which he returned with a tight embrace. We hugged for a moment, I could feel how worried Phil must be from how tight he was hugging onto me.

"Please, be careful...come back alive, for all of us.." Phil let out quietly. "I promise Phil, I'll be back, with Tommy." I promised him, us parting soon after.

As sundown fell upon the land, with the sky an orange hue, I would head off into the forest, with determination to save my brother, no matter the cost.

(Small updates and changes were added to better the stories quality.)