"Dream him dead" (Ch'2)

Third Person Perspective

"Me..? Phil- Are you sure? I mean I know I'm one of the bigger assassins but if people from royalty can't even catch this guy how do you think I'll be able to?? Techno would have a better chance than me!" Wilbur protested, in shock.

He watched as Phil stood in his seat and made his way over to the brunette, placing his hand on his shoulder.

"Wil you've been working hard in your current rank for years, I believe you can do it, I wouldn't have said I wanted you to if I wasn't sure." Phil gave Wilbur a reassuring smile.

Wilbur took a deep breath, processing it as he nodded. "Alright, if you're sure, then...I'll do it" Wilbur looked up at his father.

"That's my boy!" Phil ruffled his hair, Wilbur smiling a bit as he finished his bread and stood. "Do we have the information on him yet?" Wilbur asked.

"Fundy should be finished with it by now." Phil let out as he sat back down, Wilbur nodding. "Then I'll go see what he's come up with."

Wilbur said as he started exiting the room, hearing Tommy start to yell some kind of jiberish as he left, snickering to himself from it.

He went to the research room they had and softly knocked. "Fundy? Can I come in?" Wilbur asked, hearing Fundy yell out a yes from inside.

Wilbur opened the door and saw the very fox hybrid sitting at his normal desk, filling out some kind of papers.

"There's my son." Wilbur jokes out, walking over. The fox hybrid rolled his eyes a bit, looking up at the brunette. "We both know I'm not really your son, Wil," Fundy turned to him.

"Well you're like my son and no one will tell me otherwise!" He ruffled Fundy's hair, seeing the other smile a bit and wave his hand away.

"Okay okay, I get it, I'm assuming you're here for the information on your next job?" Fundy let out as he looked through some of his papers.

"Yep," Wilbur said simply as he looked around the room more, it always seemed kind of messy. Fundy nodded a bit as he looked at a paper he found.

"How much info is there?" Wilbur said looking at the paper with the fox hybrid.

"Yikes, not much, not much at all. The person's a guy, for one thing. People always call him 'Dream', his real name is unknown. No one's ever seen his face either, he always has a mask. There's rumors about him having green eyes, but it's not confirmed," Fundy explained.

Wilbur let out a breath, running a hand through his hair. "He works with two other people often, it's unknown what they're called. The group itself is called D.T, who knows what it stands for." Fundy continued, Wilbur nodding along as Fundy spoke.

"His mask is a white smiley face, and he always seemed to carry a netherite axe, it's enchanted, too." Fundy bit his lip, looking to Wilbur.

"Nervous huh?" Fundy let out, Wilbur nodding a bit, scratching the back of his neck.

"Probably valid, this guy's a beast, a whole army couldn't even catch him, let alone touch him. His fighting skills are insane too, even if you did manage to get close enough to fight him." Fundy hummed.

Wilbur let out a groan, looking unamused. "That definitely helps my nerves about this, Fundy." Wilbur rolled his eyes.

"It's just the truth," Fundy shrugged. "The guy is pretty insane, I'll try to get more information on him for you." Fundy hummed.

"Thanks Fundy." Wilbur mumbled, heading towards the door. "No problem, dude." Fundy waved a bit as Wilbur walked out the door, shutting it behind him.

'If hardly anything was known about this guy...then how am I gonna even find him?' Wilbur thought, leaning against the door.

Of course he was happy Philza trusted him with such a big job, but man, Techno would be much more fit for this. Techno was a better fighter, he was more intelligent, overall Techno was better.

Wilbur was often in Techno's shadow, but he was fine with that, he was happy that his older brother was so good at what he did. He wished Techno was there to give Wilbur some advice on what to do, he really needed it.

"Well, I better start upgrading my gear, I wanna be ready for this.." Wilbur mumbled, walking off to the armory.

Meanwhile..

The hooded male stood outside a cave, a bit far off in the woods. The wind gently blew against the tree's. He stood there silent, listening to the leaves blowing in the wind, and the small yells from his friends as they dueled in the background.

After a few moments he turned to watch the two friends fight, a raven haired male and a brunette dueling, the two clearly just having fun.

"Guys," The masked male spoke, not seeming to catch the other's attention. "Sapnap! George!" He said a little louder, a bit annoyed.

"Yeah, Dream?" George hummed as he blocked one of Sapnap's attacks.

"I'm gonna look around town tonight, are you guys gonna come?" Dream spoke softly.

"Maybe, we were gonna stack up on more supplies ourselves." George hummed, Dream shrugging at his statement.

"Alright." Dream then turned around and let the two continue to duel it out, looking up at the sky.

Something felt..special, about today.

(Small updates and changes were added to better the stories quality.)