002

I walk through the streets, coat hanging loosely around me as I was deep in thought.

'According to the autopsy result of the last victim (not the one who was murdered near the coffee shop) , the killer choked him and slit his chest open.' I thought.

There's also that camera footage that I stole from the police since they won't give me information. I watched all the videotapes last night which caused my lack of sleep. But the 5 hours of lost sleep turned out to be worth it. The murder was actually caught in camera. The footage was quite blurry but enough for me to see what's in his hand.

'So he uses a scythe as a weapon, huh? Not bad.' I thought.

By this time, I have already arrived on my destination. I went inside and went up to the woman on the counter. 'I'm here take the autopsy results of Mrs. Takahashi." I say. The woman looked up to me, the curiousness evident in her eyes. "Are you a relative?" She asked.

"No. But I need it for a case. So if you can, please hurry up. I don't have time for this." I gave her an annoyed smile as she raised a brow at me.

"I'm going to need an I.D." I held out my I.D., like she had wanted. She turned around and shuffled around some keys. She held the keys to me and I was the one to raise a brow. "I don't have her documents, so you need to visit the pathologist who studied her body." she stated.

"The office is on the third floor of the building, number 1733." She said and sat back down on her chair.

I walk towards the elevator, pressing the button to the third floor. The door opened and it was surprisingly empty. I step inside and wait for the elevator to come to a stop. Once it did, I walked through the halls of the building and searched for the room.

'1730'

'1732'

'1733'

"Aha!"

I twist the knob and it revealed a man wearing a lab coat. He turned his gaze to me, his eyes sparkling when they came in contact with mine. He warmly smiled at me, not breaking the eye contact between the two of us.

"I'm Detective L/N. I'm here to get Mrs. Shira Takahashi's autopsy results." I say, holding my hand out to give him a firm handshake.

"Hello Ms. L/N. I have heard a lot about you, being the city's greatest detective and all." He greets. I send a smile to him and let go of his hand.

"Hello....." I stopped in the middle of my sentence, forgetting that I didn't even know his name. I look over to the pin on his coat. "... Mr. Dickens."

"Just call me Danny." He said, sending me a faint smile.

"The autopsy results are not here, it's the room with the body. Would you like me to escort you there?" he asked.

"Yes please."

We arrived in front of a wooden door. Mr. Dickens swung the door open and revealed a bed with the corpse on top. I walked inside and found the document on top of the body.

'So she was also choked and stabbed instead of getting sliced open. But there were no fingerprints found around her neck. Odd.' I thought to myself.

Now that I think of it, there is a possibility that the killer was wearing gloves or some sort of protection for his hands. I read more of the document and looked at the bottom right of the paper.

'Pathologist: Seishi Watanabe'

I froze. I thought that Mr. Dickens was the assigned pathologist for the corpse. Fear spread through my body as I slowly turn around.

There he was, the impostor who might just tur out to be the murderer I was looking for. His smile was now turned into a sinister one, it was crooked and wrong in all spots. I looked down, noticing that he was hiding something behind his back.

"D-Don't come any closer!" I shout while he was doing the exact opposite of what I just told him. Before I knew it, I was on the floor crying and praying for my life.

"Horror is a good look on your eyes!" He relished in the fear I showed him.

I was driven to a corner, no longer having space to move away from him.

The last thing I knew was my vision getting blurry from the fluid that he injected in my body.

And that smile...

His smile was the last thing I saw before losing consciousness.

_______________/