008

We were still walking. Unable to move forward to our next destination. For the past minutes, Zack has told me about how things work here. How someone owns every floor, the workings of the building, etcetera. But one question lingers in my mind.

"Hey Zack, how did you get here?"

He turned to look at me, the smirk on his face never faltering. I was sort of waiting for a snide remark and or another insulting nickname he made up for me.

"They say if I go here, I can kill anyone I want." He said plainly.

I was shocked and happy at the same time. Shocked because, who wouldn't be? Happy because it just adds evidence to my case.

Yes.

Even if I went through a lot of trouble already. Being here, almost getting killed, and not knowing if I'll be alive by then. I still haven't given up on that case and I can't give up now. Not when I have my killer beside me. All I have to do is see if things add up then I'll just need to get out of here with this maniac.

"So, you kill random people for a living?" I ask, curious.

"How about you? What do you do?"

'shit'

"I uh......"

"I work at McDonalds!" I was nervous that he might not take my excuse, but I was lucky.

"Meh? Okay." He looked straight ahead after that, speeding ahead of me. Either he doesn't care or he's dumb enough to believe me.

I looked ahead, seeing that the elevator was now right in front of us. Zack kept kicking on it because it won't open.

"You're acting so stupid it's almost funny." I say.

"Haha, that was so funny that I forgot how to laugh." He rolled his eyes. I sighed once he started kicking on the door again. Slowly walking in front of him. I raise a brow and lean closer.

"You do know that we need a key, right?" I said, tilting my head. Zack yanked his head away from my fingers, scoffing and turning his back on me.

"Tch. I know, and you didn't need to do that."

"Would you have stopped kickong the door if I spoke to you like a normal person?"

"Let's just go and find the key." He started to walk before me.

"It's probably with Danny." Zack said with an annoyed sigh.

"I didn't know a mummy had a working brain." I said with an exaggerated 'oh-my-gosh' face.

"Shut up, big mouth!"

We stopped once we saw Dickens' unconscious body lying on the floor. I bent down, looking for the key that can get us out of here. I searched the pockets of his lab coat and heard the shuffling of metal.

"Got it."

"Then let's go" He said.

We walk back to the elevator. I took one last glance at the body, still feeling unsafe with his presence near me.

Once we arrived, I pressed a button from the keys and the elevator opened. Me and Zack went in the elevator, a comfortable silence settling around us. But more than that, I feel so victorious.

'This guy is my key out of here.'

'And a key to my bright future.'

"We have to get out of here, Zack."

"We need to"