007

Note: Italics are flashbacks

_____________

My breath hitched I stare at him right in the eye. The psychotic look on his face replacing the warm one from when I first met him. I was frozen in place again. I froze in place as he brought his hand up and played with my hair. I stayed in place for a long moment, unsure of what to do. Unable to strategize a plan because of my worry. I don't know what he's going to do next.

'But if I think of a plan now, I might just be able to outsmart him. '

I rise from my current position and immediately flipped him to his stomach, keeping his arm on his back so I can restrain him. Once I succeeded, I hit the back of his neck to make him unconscious, but it wasn't for long. I took out my handkerchief from my pocket to tie him up, the small knife from Zack's room falling to the floor.

'Oh yeah, I still had this.' I thought.

'Maybe, instead of restraining. I could just kill him right now....'

But my thoughts were cut off by the memories that flooded my head.

"You can't escape!"

"No, no!!"

"There's no where for you to run!"

"Why now?!"

"Your reactions, they make me so excited!"

My scream echoed in the hallways of the hospital. I broke down on the floor, the tears spilling from my eyes and small sobs escaping from my lips. Why did it have to happen now?

Zack's knife had fallen from my hands. Someone's footsteps can be heard, coming closer to where I am.

"Oi! What're you screaming for dumbass-" Zack stopped in his tracks. I can tell that he was confused of why I was crying.

I got up, picking up the knife that had fallen from earlier and holding it out.

"Here's your knife back." I say.

"Keep it."

" Huh? It's yours-"

He shoved it back to me, walking away as I stood still. Tears were still escaping from the earlier events. I look down at the knife in my hands, it felt dangerous when it was so close.

'Why did it have to happen now?' I thought.

I start to walk, trying to look for an exit. I caught up with Zack and the awkward silence came back. He was occupied with thought and so was I. I was looking at the knife that he had lent me. The blade looked chipped and it wouldn't work well. I sharpen it with my leather belt.

(A/N: I searched it up, it works lmfao)

As I sharpen the knife, the silence broke.

"Why were you screaming?" Zack asked, he was trying not to look me in the eye for some reason.

"And why are you getting nosy?" I reply. The clever remark made him smirk and look at me.

"You have a big mouth, you know that?"

I scoffed at his words.

"How can you say that when we haven't even had a full conversation?" I look at him.

"I can already tell, big mouth."

"Shut it, Mummy boy!"

_____

Not like the usual endings.