.•two•.

"i mean this in the kindest light," renjun's first year friend, park jisung, murmured as they sat tiredly in the canteen for breakfast, "but you look awful

"i mean this in the kindest light," renjun's first year friend, park jisung, murmured as they sat tiredly in the canteen for breakfast, "but you look awful."

"i could hardly catch a minute of sleep last night," the older yawned, rubbing his face and gazing out into the sea of black uniforms surrounding them. this side of the canteen was dedicated to the ebony class, and of course, if he could even be bothered to peer over his shoulder, he'd catch the river of white ivory students on the other side. the year groups were all very close within their own colour, the first years, second years and third years all got along really well as everyone was close in age.

"was it that ivory kid again?" the youngest furrowed his brows curiously. "the one who sleeps with everyone?"

"ugh, yes. lee donghyuck is the largest thorn in my side, and i shan't rest until he gets it through his stupid head that this is a school setting. he's dragging our good name down."

"he shouldn't be your problem though. i mean, sure, you swap with the other hall monitor to make things fair....but shouldn't ivory be dealt with by ivory? wouldn't he learn more of a lesson from someone in the same uniform as him? he's probably trying to wind you up because you're ebony."

"and i suppose i'm just supposed to take this belittling and suck it up?" renjun raised his brow quizzically, "because i'm not taking this shit. the principal is getting irritated with him as well."

"why hasn't he been expelled?"

"his talent....."

jisung narrowed his eyes and picked up his spoon to stir the cereal in front of him, not really intending on eating it since his appetite had disappeared. "he's a performer, isn't he? we have a few of those-"

"no ji, he's the performer. our theatre clubs are thriving. expulsion would be suicide when he brings back so many awards."

"that sucks."

as though the brats dressed in white had been trying to prove the pair's point, a flying missile of food was sent rocketing towards their side of the canteen, hitting one of their classmates on the head. when the said student flinched and turned around to spot where it came from, he was revealed to be yukhei.

"oh shoot...." renjun sunk low in his seat, waiting for all hell to break loose. these attempts at war were pretty common throughout the week, but various students on either side, such as renjun, didn't participate.

"come on, cowards! own up and i'll be nice," yukhei taunted, "i'll pour strawberry milkshake over you instead of chocolate." he stood to his full, enviable height and appeared well and truly intimidating while dressed in black. that was a nice advantage to being in the ebony class...one looked pretty badass in the dark uniform.