.•seven•.

"oh god!" renjun hissed, skidding to a halt in front of the canteen where the war had obviously spread to

"oh god!" renjun hissed, skidding to a halt in front of the canteen where the war had obviously spread to. the fighting was infectious around here, and students would typically take any chance they were given to attack each other for stress relief. the constant insulting and rivalry ran deep, and so it was 'perfectly understandable' that they'd act this way.

"renjun?" a deep and beautifully familiar voice hollered while bounding towards the chinese teen from beneath a neglected table. "where have you been? the war started half an hour ago, and kun is stressing out because no one can fix this."

"wait, seriously? i watched it break out at p.e....but how did it escalate?"

"my class saw the soccer team brawling from our classroom upstairs. we then broke out into a battle, and i suppose it's more or less the same for everyone."

renjun gritted his teeth frustratedly at this turn of events. he loved the ebony class. he really did.....but they were so damn protective. it all seemed that these rumours were not just those of the typical kind that merely faded after a few days and were replaced with newer, younger and more exciting ones. these seemed to hang around like a bad smell, and the small boy was beginning to wonder a certain thing....

could lee donghyuck really have been the cause of this madness and misery all along?

could he have spread these falsities and lies around out of hurt or annoyance and rejection?

"come on," jisung murmured, taking his friend by the wrist and proceeding to head towards the exit. at first it was difficult to navigate one's way through this jungle of disaster, what with the food passing over head and the glasses shattering on the floor left right and centre. there were drink spillages everywhere, and it took all of the brunette's might not to skid and fall face-first into the taller's back.

as if history repeated itself, someone else latched their warm hand around renjun's free wrist, pulling him back into the crowd. jisung was sharp enough to counter it this time, never once allowing his grip on the boy to falter.

"ugh, you rotten ivory assholes never learn to quit it!" the youngest snapped, eyeing none other than donghyuck maliciously. "we aren't engaging, here. we aren't a threat, so let go!"

"no," hyuck scoffed, "you let go. i have a surprise for renjunnie here."

"please no..." the oldest of the trio begged, tugging at his limb uselessly to gain some semblance of freedom. "not again."

"c'mere," the cunning boy dressed in white chuckled darkly while managing to drag both teens into the field of war, ducking here and there when a loose plate would come hurtling towards them, avoiding puddles on the ground. eventually they reached a table that was completely covered in wastage. meals that hadn't been touched were now ruined from mixing together and being left to fend for themselves against the chaos. "voilá."

"wh-what is this crap?" renjun whispered, stomach churning from the dire smell of grease, burnt chips that seemed to linger amidst the spaghetti bolognese, and pie?

"it'll be your worst nightmare for the week, ren," he snickered, jerking the smaller closer to him in a single instant and lifting the tray of disgusting mush. he held the abomination higher and higher, preparing to do exactly what the older imagined he'd do.

"oh my god, stop!" jisung begged, trying to get his friend back, but failing against the older's stronger hold on him. "what is wrong with you?!"

"seriously, donghyuck, my uniform-" renjun panicked. "i-i just cleaned it."

"too bad," the opposing male hummed stiffly, eyes much darker and far more furious than they'd ever been. had the rumours affected him too, or was this all just part of the sick plan?

the seconds couldn't have gone by slower as the mush started to slowly descend from above onto the fluffy, brown hair below it. it was thick and gloopy like slime, and fell from his crown to his temples to his shoulders. the mess was like a never-ending torment that continued to take forever to stop. what. the. hell? the older wondered in a slight daze, begging for this nightmare not to be real.

"how unfortunate you are," donghyuck whispered against his ear once the damage was done....once renjun had been left an utter eye-sore. "nobody would want to take you out when you look like that. your crappy attitude makes it worse."

yes, definitely hurt, the brunette mentally noted. but that wasn't his priority of focus as of then. getting the hell out of there and running as far away from hyuck as possible was a much more pressing matter. jisung once again grabbed him to pull him back, and this time it worked. yet the boy had one last enquiry to settle before he escaped.

"was it you, then?! did you start all these stupid rumours just to get back at me?!"

"psh, you think so little of me, asshole," the taller huffed. "this is denting my reputation as well, genius! i'm only worming out of most of it because i'm renowned for fucking who i want, when i want. you just look like another one of my quests - and a mistake, at that."

ugh! that is such a dumb answer! how dare he roll with the punches while i take the hits! "go to hell!"

"yeah, i'll see you there," he winked condescendingly.

and without further bickering, jisung pulled renjun out of there as soon as he could to prevent another accident. neither could comprehend where the source of this problem was, nor how to solve it....but perhaps this wasn't just a one-man job. there were ways to get revenge that cheated 'rules'.

"ji," the shorter muttered once they were out of there and rushing to their dorms quickly. "you still up for that offer? the vengeance?"

"but of course, junnie. anything you want."