.•nine•.

"guys, i really am the worst person in the world," donghyuck sighed dejectedly while leaning on his palms which were propped up by his elbows on the table

"guys, i really am the worst person in the world," donghyuck sighed dejectedly while leaning on his palms which were propped up by his elbows on the table. the war from yesterday had been settled when both ten and kun threatened to suspend fight privileges for a week. whether or not they actually had that power was still unbeknownst to the student body....but nobody wanted that outcome.

"i mean, 'worst person in the world' is pretty harsh," jeno, a good friend of hyuck's and the single most popular boy in all of the ivory class, hummed. nobody in first year, second year nor third year could stand against his reign, for he was beautiful, graceful, kind, clever and sporty. "just apologise to this mystery person."

"remind me, you like him...right?" another friend of the player's, mark, quizzed. he was lovely in every aspect, and a looker of great note. his one defining quality wasn't his kindness though, it was his renowned obliviousness. "i don't get why you won't just ask him out."

"uh, i have?" the youngest of the trio sighed. "the whole problem is that he doesn't like me back?"

"oh..."

jeno smiled fondly at the raven-haired teen sitting beside him, both he and mark perched opposite hyuck. the table consisted of their small group alone today, as the blonde had told everyone else to essentially 'fuck off' because he needed to 'talk in private' with the only two people he trusted.

"you won't tell us his name," the boy with bright blue locks leaned back in his seat to straighten his posture, looking more like a prince than anyone would've thought was possible. "i can't really picture this mysterious guy in my head without a name."

"y-you know who it is. i'd rather he remained anonymous," the teen groaned. "can you give me advice on this or not? should i just give up?" his eyes absentmindedly settled on renjun across the hall, admiring his calm state as he ate with his tall, junior friend. i wish he didn't hate me....

"hm, i'm really bad with romance," mark admitted bashfully, scratching the back of his neck and regaining the blonde's attention. "i've been receiving roses lately, actually, from someone anonymous as well. i feel it's a little unfair to make me of all people guess who is trying to court me....i can never pick up on signals." the ravenette realised he was rambling, and shook it off to return to what he was originally attempting to get at. "what i mean is; there's no point in sulking and wasting your time over this. try to ask him one more time, and if he rejects you: leave it. if he gives you a chance: then you're set, right?"

"alright, i suppose that's not the worst idea," donghyuck murmured. "but dude, you never told me someone was asking you out with roses. how will you figure out who it is-" he started to question, though immediately remembered who was already well-known for having the biggest crush on this person. a man nobody could put their hands on, and a man everybody wanted....everyone except oblivious mark.

his eyes flicked to jeno who winked knowingly, making their youngest friend sit back properly and giggle. of course lee jeno would use a mean trick like that on the love of his life. he was far too shy to ask the boy out himself, so he'd use roses.

too bad renjun was as sharp as a bloody knife. it was a cute sentiment, really. yet now that hyuck was thinking about the pair in front of him and their ridiculously inept ways of love....he realised he probably shouldn't have been requesting their help. he had no one else though.

"trust your gut," the bluette ended up suggesting. "everyone is different, aren't they? just....do what you feel is right."

"god, jeno," the smaller pouted and leaned in again to be confidential, "i didn't wanna' tell you this 'cause I didn't want you to scold me....but this person is an ebony student. they hate me for a number of reasons, but being ivory is definitely number one."

"oh shit," mark murmured. "hyuck, that's practically suicide."

"i know. but i like him so much."

"be bold," jeno suddenly uttered, hands down on the table in front of him and fingers splayed to show that he was completely serious. "look, i'm not saying that this is a good idea. actually, it's a terrible idea. but you told us anyway, you're clearly serious about this, and love is love. i'm a romantic coward, so i'm not really a brilliant bet to take advice from....but this is mine to you, i guess."

"wait, you like someone?" mark gasped and turned to jeno. "dude, i'm your best friend. how could you not tell me?"

"i have. multiple times."

"oh...i don't remember."

"y'all are dumb," donghyuck rolled his eyes playfully, proceeding to stand up and stretch out his arms. "but i love you both for it. thanks for listening to me, and thank you for not freaking out. i knew i could trust you."

"no problem," the pair both made peace signs simultaneously, remaining seated since they assumed their third member wanted some alone time for thought. "go get 'em, tiger," jeno added.

"psh, i'll try," he sighed hopefully, starting to leave the canteen, but not before throwing one last glance over his shoulder at renjun.

he liked him.

a lot.

maybe even loved him, if he didn't feel so corny saying it to himself.

but they say if one loves another, they should let them go. under these circumstances....

that was looking pretty likely.