🛹 Reki Kyan: First date 🛹

Possible spoilers for episode 4!

I glared in determination as Adam spun around, adamant on skating uphill, towards me, in an attempt to scare me and make me fall from my board. I swerved around him, narrowly avoiding him with a skid. I glared at the man, disgusted by his tactics. I managed to finish the course just before Adam, beating him by a hair.

"Congratulations." I turned my head, bored. My eyes met Adam's as he smiled. "You are the first to actually beat me in a race, very admirable. Now as for the deal-"

"It's off. I'm not skating with you, and I have to focus on my studies, so I can't skate much anymore." Everyone began muttering and whispering.

"You're still in high school?" I nodded, confused as to how he didn't now.

"Yeah, final year, then I'm going to college."

"Well, good luck in your studies, (Y/n)." I smiled in thanks, picking up my board.

"Guess I'll see you guys round."

As I wandered home, I heard someone jogging up behind me. I turned my head and spotted a familiar red head wearing a bandana.

"Hey, (Y/n), right? You beat Adam tonight?" I nodded, coming to a stop since I had been walking, the other teenager coming to a stop too. "I-I just wanted to say that, um, you're a really good skater..." I smiled, tilting my head a little.

"Thank you. Reki, right?" He nodded. "I've seen you skate against Shadow...you're good." I saw his face tint a little red.
He is quite cute.
I giggled to myself. "Do you want to go out some time?" The bashful boy stared at me in surprise.

"Y-yeah, that sounds great."

"Lovely. I'll meet you up by the course tomorrow night, eleven o'clock, okay?" He nodded and I smiled, setting my board on the floor before speeding up to head home. "See you tomorrow!"

Tomorrow night came round quite quickly once school had finished. I danced around my room as music blared through my speaker with me getting ready for tonight. It was the middle of summer and the nights here were fairly warm, so I rummaged through my wardrobe and came across this cute summer dress. (media ^^) I left my hair to flow freely and grabbed my long-board, slinging a messenger bag/purse over my shoulder. I slipped my phone into my bag with a portable charger and some money.

I soon found myself by the gates to 'S's course, but I was beginning to grow bored the closer it grew to eleven thirty. I rest my back against the fence, still waiting patiently. I looked up from my phone when I heard panting and someone come to a stop in front of me.

"Reki?" He released a worn out laugh.

"Sorry for being late, my mom needed help with my sisters."

"You have sisters?" Reki nodded and I smiled. "Older or younger?"

"Younger, all of them."

I smiled, nodding for Reki to follow me.

"That's sweet." The red head followed after me, his board tucked under his arm. I lead him down a dimly lit road, lined with trees since we were on the outskirts of town. "Do you help with them a lot?" He nodded, walking alongside me.

"When mom struggles to handle them, I'll try and help." I smiled, waling a little closer to him. "They're a handful though."

"Hm, I think it's sweet that you help with them."

"Y-you do?" I nodded with a smile, glancing at him.

"Mhm, it's actually quite an attractive thing in a guy, when they're good with kids."

"R-really?" I nodded as we grew closer to the coastline.

"Yeah, it's naturally attractive, every girl thinks so. It's a maternal thing, I guess, shows they'd be good with their own kids."

"Some guys think the same." I stared at him curiously for a second before continuing to walk.

"What do you mean?"

"Some guys, I mean personally, I think it's attractive when I see a girl with a kid. It just makes me think, you now?" I nodded with a smile. "Especially when they're good with a kid, it just...looks right...I don't..gah, I sound stupid..." I giggled and shook my head.

"No! No! I get it, I know what you mean...You want to do some skating? There's a beach path we could use..." Reki nodded and I dropped my board, quickly hopping onto it as it slid down the hill, my companion soon catching up with a laugh.

"You always seem so bored when skating...It's nice to see you so happy doing this." I was dancing around on my longboard in the middle of the night on the beach. I was smiling brightly.

"Mmm, I don't usually get a chance to use my longboard, or come out this late at night, or by the beach...let alone with someone as cute as you." I sent him a teasing smile, watching as a faint blush on his cheeks. He sped up a little to ride alongside me. I let out a small scream as I slowed down, my board coming to a stop in the sand as a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me from my board and onto another. Reki had his arms wrapped tightly around my waist, holding me on his board before we came to an abrupt stop in the sand, throwing us onto the sand. I landed with my dress splayed out, laying on my back with Reki hovering above me.

"S-sorry-" Before he could sit up, I grabbed his jaw and pressed my lips to his. I felt the red head relax above me, moving to lean on his forearms instead of his hands. As our lips moved together, I listened to the sound of the waves lapping against the sand as the only thing to illuminate the area was the moonlight and a couple streetlights about 20 metres from us.

"Um, do you want to go out again some time?" The two of us pulled apart and I nodded.

"Maybe I could come hang out at your house, it'd be nice to talk to you when we're not skating."

Reki and I had exchanged numbers the first night. I had met his family a few times now, the two of us casually dating, no labels, just going on dates and kissing, and meeting each other's families...It'd been six months.

"Nanaka! Come on! You need to go to bed!" I scooped up the girl as she tried to run to the kitchen after remembering there was cake there. She whined and I smiled, holding her in my arms as I carried her back over to her room.

"But the cake~!" She whined and I giggled, sliding the door open with my foot, noticing two of her sisters already asleep.

"Nana, come on, you can have some for lunch at school tomorrow, everyone's already asleep, we need to be quiet." She nodded as I set her down in her room, already trying to run passed me. I grabbed her again, spinning to face the door and catching a glimpse of her older brother. "Nana, bed time, come on." I lay her down in her bed and handed her one of her stuffed toys, kneeling beside her bed, while my boyfriend leaned against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest, watching us in awe. "Will you go to sleep please?"

"Will you stay?" I stared at her for a moment before settling beside her bed comfortably, her hand grabbing mine as I smiled softly. "Sing to me?" I stared at her, wondering why she was being so clingy.

"Are you scared of something?" I asked, gently stroking her hair as she rolled onto her side and stared at me, nodding. "What's scared you?"

"I'm scared Reki is going to leave..."

"Why do you think he's going to leave? He's your big brother, he's not leaving anytime soon." She smiled and used her little hand to grip mine.

"He's never home..."

"Let's make a deal, yeah?" She nodded and I smiled, resting my head on her bed. "Whenever I'm here, Reki and I will take you to school, and we'll pick you up. That sound okay?" She nodded with a smile, slowly lulling herself to sleep. "We'll take you tomorrow morning. Sleep well." I continued to stroke her hair, carefully taking my hands away once she was asleep. As I stood up, I looked at the door, finding my adoring boyfriend smirking. "What?" I asked amused, and approaching him.

"Nothing..." I tilted my head sceptically before playfully shoving him. He slid the door closed to his sister's room. He chuckled and gently kissed me, a soft smile on his lips. "I told you being good with kids was attractive." I giggled and hugged him, lightly pulling him towards his own room so we could go to bed.