Reki Kyan: Interested [Part 1]

I looked around the classroom and noticed this redhead sat in the very back corner doodling something in a notebook. I smiled softly. Most people when they asked if he was drawing again, would back away when he got excited, but I think today it would be my turn.

"Reki!" He lifted his head and offered me a tired smile.

"Good morning." He greeted as I walked into the room and over to his desk.

"Drawing again?" He nodded, continuing to doodle, having expected me to back away, but I took the seat in front of him and turned around. "So what is it today?" His head shot up with wide eyes.

"You're interested?" His excitement and smile was contagious. I giggled and nodded. "O-oh okay, um, it's for the base of a skateboard." I smiled as he turned the notebook more for me to look at it. There was this beautiful design jotted within this simplistic shape. It was somewhat adorable. Two beautifully detailed koi fish, one black, one white, on a red background. 

"May I?" He nodded as I pulled out my phone and snapping a quick picture of it. "I love your hair, by the way." Reki stared at me for a moment before I saw his face heat up a little as I slipped my phone into my bag. "The colour and style, it suits you." I explained with a sweet smile. As the bell rang, I headed back over to my own seat, sending Reki a smile as his blue haired friend walked in to take his own seat. 

_____________________

I giggled as I walked home, spotting a familiar red head under a bridge trying to do a trick on a skateboard where he could touch a certain spot on the wall. I laughed a little more when he slipped and fell right by me. 

"Good afternoon, Reki." I watched win amusement as his face flushed red once again, just like this morning. 

"H-hey, you didn't see that...did you?" I smiled apologetically and nodded as he stood up with a sigh, scooping up his board. 

"Are you okay?" He thought for a moment before nodding with a smile. "Really?" He nodded again. "You've looked a little down lately..." I explained as I began walking with him toward my usual route, which happened to be the same as his. 

"Uh yeah, just trouble with my friend."

"Disagreement?" I asked and he nodded. I smiled softly. "Do you want to hang out tonight? Orr are you busy?" I saw Reki's face flush a little as he looked up to the sky, tucking his arms behind his head while his board was slipped and attached onto his bag. 

"I've got a thing later tonight, like midnight, but..." He glanced over to me out of the corner of his eye, a gentle smile crossing his lips. "Tonight's fine, yeah. Where do you want to go?" I bit my cheek and thought as we walked.

"We could go to my house? I don't have any siblings, so there's no one to be pestered by." Reki nodded with a chuckle. 

"Must be nice. I've got three younger sisters." I glanced at him.

"Wow, big family..." I hummed, and giggled. "Must be great being the only boy." Reki laughed, exasperated, as he looked over to me once more. 

"It can be, it means I'm better at talking to girls than most people think." I laughed as we rounded a corner and started up a hill. "Downside is that when Koyomi has any kind of trouble with boys, she comes to me...and these problems I never want to hear about." He chuckled, stuffing his hands into his pockets. 

"How old is she? You know, to be having 'boy troubles'." There was emphasis on the last two words. Reki shook his head and rolled his eyes with another laugh. 

"Oh god, uh, fourteen? Fifteen? round about anyway." He laughed nervously and I shook my head, playfully nudging his arm. 

"That's...pretty young, depending on the trouble."

"Ay, don't start talking about that stuff and my little sister-" His sentence was broken by my laugh, loud and surprised. 

"Oh please, like you didn't start thinking about girls at that age, Reki~" I teased, making him pout and glare at me, only for his pout to slip into a smirk as I turned to hurry in front of him and poke my tongue out at him. 

"Hm, guess you think about guys like that too, then." My eyes widened at the sudden change in demeanour as I stood still, letting him walk passed me. 

"Hey! I've never thought about a guy like that!"

"Like what?" Reki teased again and I huffed. "I never specified how you thought of a guy." I went to speak but I knew he was right. He did never specify, which meant he'd caught me. 

"I'm seventeen, it's not unusual to." I huffed, pouting as I caught up to him. He just laughed. "Which means at what, sixteen?" Reki nodded, confirming his age. "You do it too." I watched him freeze in his spot as I cackled my way up the hill, almost falling at one point. He was quick to catch up before starting to chase me for exposing him. 

He chased me for about five minutes until we'd reached an area which seemed fairly familiar to him. I heard him groan, while panting... I stopped, turning to look at him to see why he had stopped. What I saw was attractive, yes, but mind out of the gutter. 

"Reki! There you are!" His head whipped over to me and he offered me an awkward and apologetic smile before coming over to me, quickly slipping an arm around my waist and leaning down to me slightly as we began to walk away from the voice which had called out to him. 

"That's my mom, just keep walking." I stared up at him since he was a little taller than myself. 

"Kyan Reki! Get your butt over here now!" He groaned and sucked on his teeth before looking down to me apologetically and turning back in the direction of his mother.

"What?!" He called back to her and I laugh, grabbing his hand from my waist and tugging him back towards his home. 

"Miss Kyan?" I asked as we approached the entrance to the property, she nodded, so I bowed slightly. "I'm (Y/n), Reki's classmate. I just wanted to apologise for his behaviour." Reki glared down at me as I simply smiled at his mother. "But, I was wondering if Reki could hang out with me for tonight, if that's okay, obviously?" She looked between the two of us. From her son who was behind me, his hand lightly linked with mine as his other was in his trouser pocket...to the innocent looking girl neatly dressed in her school uniform in front of her. She simply nodded with an ever growing smile. 

"He could always do with more closer friends." I smiled. "Especially girls. As much as I love Langa, I think you need to branch out, sweetie." She looked back to me. "Are you wanting some dinner to take, dear?" I shook my head with a bright smile. 

"No, but thank you for the offer." She smiled once more as I offered her a bow, bending over in front of her son.