🛹 Reki Kyan: DOPE Sketch 🛹

"Tell us about him then!" One of the girls called out, causing me to look up as she and a couple of her friends came over to my desk. She dropped into the chair in front of me.

"What?" I asked, looking up from my book.

"Your boyfriend, silly, heard you got one~" She teased, tapping her nails on the desk with a bright smile.

"What?" I was genuinely confused. She wasn't the kind of girl to ask because she wanted to tease you, more because she was outgoing and wanted to be friends with everyone, so she'd talk to everyone and get to know them. "I-I don't...-" I trailed off as she looked back to me confused, her friends doing he same.

"Hm...I could have sworn my brother saw you with a guy at that school down the road...You know the high school." I stared at her, raising an eyebrow just as the end-of-school bell rang. I slid my bookmark into my book and set it in my bag.

"Well, okay then...I have to get to work...I'll see you guys Monday..." Mina nodded with a bright smile as I left the room, waving to me.

I ditched my bag behind the counter, pinching the bridge of my nose with a sigh. I smiled when a little Fennec Fox rubbed against my arm on the counter. A small giggle left my throat as I scratched the top of her head. She made a cute chirp before scurrying off. I picked up my bag and headed into the back room. I hung it up on one of the pegs and slid on the pink t-shirt over my long-sleeve. The other two students who were working here had gone on a little beach day, weekend, week thing, with a couple other people, leaving me with their workload.
The manager jumped when he walked back into the main store, finding me filling out some forms for board requests.

"(Y/n), I didn't know you were working today." I shrugged, glancing at the computer screen to make sure I was getting this information correct.

"Those two high schooler's are out of town for a few days, so I'm picking up their shifts for the weekend." He slowly nodded, accepting that I had picked up a few more hours.

"Don't you have college?" I shrugged again as he rounded the desk with a box to set up some more of he merchandise.

"Yeah...but we don't have any assignments or homework this weekend, so I can cover for the boys." I smiled as I set the newly completed form to the side, starting on the next one.

"Try not to over-work yourself." Oka warned and I nodded, checking a few boxes and writing specifics for the order, such as the skateboard's design.

"I know...I just need the money right now."

"Thinking of moving out, or something?" I nodded with a soft smile, writing down the customer's contact information.

"Yeah...or getting a dog, whichever comes first." I laughed to myself, causing my boss to chuckle as he finished displaying some stickers before switching to hanging up some shirts.

_________________________

The weekend came to an end and Monday was very quick to roll around. I walked into the store with my notebook and my phone in my hands, flipping through the pages with a pen horizontally between my teeth and lips. I didn't bother to look up from my notes as I checked over my notes, catching up with the presentation our professor had sent us...and writing more notes on my walk to work after college. I offered Oka a hum as I walked passed him to reach the back room, correcting a few more things before putting my stuff away and walking back into the main store, my pink shirt finally over my clothes.

"Studying again?" I nodded with a smile, grabbing the forms from the desk .

"I've got a final exam coming up, we got an email about it today."