Reki Kyan: Torment [Part 2]

"Where's your girlfriend, Kyan?" I heard a laugh as I wandered onto the S track, instead of watching from a higher point or the sidelines as I usually did. "Oh wait, you don't have one!"

"What girl would every go for him?" A feminine voice followed. My hands slipped into my jacket pockets as I continued on. Why are people so childish? I shook my head with a sigh, heading up to Joe and Cherry.

"(Y/n)! Welcome to the lower level, the actual track!" Joe laughed and I smiled, slipping into a giggle. "Never thought the day would come that you were down here...how undignified of a world champion." I continued to laugh, as a couple people came over, laughing too as they began to fuss over me. My laugh died down as they fawned and I just stared at them.

"Could I get your signat-" I looked briefly behind them and saw Reki by a wall with his board at his feet, sadly sliding it along the floor like a child, his hands stuffed into his jeans pockets. However, over his shoulder was a bag, big enough to fit a board. He was staring at his board moving back and forth, before looking up at the feeling of eyes on him. The redhead offered me a smile. I returned it. I looked back to the now small group around me. I offered a sarcastic smile and tilted my head.

"No." Everyone was surprised. Usually with 'fans' I was quite polite and sweet. "You don't deserve it." After she had spoken earlier, I had recognised that her voice seemed familiar. "Not after what you said about him." My sarcastic smile remained as I stared her dead in the eyes. "Now if you'll excuse me..." I forced my way past her and started heading towards Reki. He stood up a little straighter and kicked his board onto its side so it wouldn't roll away. In one movement, he slipped the bag off his shoulder and unzipped it. "You finished it so fast...."I smiled brightly. "It's only been a week..." I saw him smile as I slipped it out of the bag. It was unlike the ones my mother made. She made displayable ones as well as durable. This one was similar, but it felt...more durable...If I landed on my mother's ones wrong or they hit a wall, they'd splinter or the middle of the deck would snap. This one...he's designed it ad chosen a deck so if it hits a wall, a tree, concrete, it'll hold against it, it won't splinter....The underside of the deck was beautiful...I had a tattoo, a small one on the inside of my forearm and I got it after my eighteenth birthday, when I won my first over 18's competition....Reki had - by the looks of things- done some research and found a photo of it, blowing up the image and turning it into a graffiti style....before hand-painting it onto the base of the board. And added around it....the same stickers he had originally had on his board...he had additional ones clearly....

"Do you like it?" He leaned back against the wall, waiting anxiously for my answer. I stared at the board in awe.

"This is so much more than I could have asked for..." I saw a small. smile cross his lips. "Let me pay you back, please, I need to give you something for this, I can't just take it!" He laughed a little.

"Yes, you can, you fixed mine, you can have this one." I shook my head. Even the tyres matched the base colour of the design.

"Reki, please-"

"(Y/n)..." I fell silent. "It's fine." He smiled with another laugh. "I promise." I nodded, slowly, thinking.

"Thank you." I quickly kissed his cheek before hurrying back over to Joe and cherry. The pair were watching Reki as I hugged the board to my chest.

"He's blushing~" Joe teased, nudging my arm. I felt my face heat up a little as I briefly glanced back over to Reki, who was in fact red, and staring right at me. I quickly turned back around to Joe and Cherry.

"You're horrible people." I whined. They laughed.

"(Y/n), you're twenty years old, how are you this flustered?" Miya Chinen chimed in, sliding. over on his board.

"Shut up...."

"You so like him~" Joe teased and I hugged the board tighter to my chest.

"Will you shut up?" I sighed, feeling my face heat up a little more. "No I don't..." The crackle of the speakers and screens came to life on the track, catching my attention. Joe and Cherry shared a look. The screens only came on for a race and no-one had been challenged by anyone.

"(Y/n)-" my name was said by an unfamiliar voice, a voice I had never heard before, but by the looks of things Joe and Cherry had heard it before. "Welcome to your first day on the track..." There was momentary silence. "You'll be racing today." My body relaxed in surprise, the board hanging limp in my arms.

"B-but I've never raced on-" Cherry looked to my nervous figure sympathetically. "I've never...I don't know the track..." I bit my lip, swallowing thickly.

"You'll be fine..." Cherry's hand rest on my shoulder. "Langa had never done the track his first time racing, and look at him now, he beat Adam, who created S." I sighed, defeated as I looked over to Langa, the blue haired snowboarder, who was talking to Reki. "But he snowboards, and his board is like a snowboard-"

"And you're a world champion...IN skateboarding." Miya laughed, spinning his board around on its little tail.

"But not outside of ramps in a building..." The trio looked to me in surprise.

"Really?" I nodded. "My mother never made me boards that I could use outside...they were always indoor or competition boards..." I took a deep breath and looked down to the board I was holding. "That's why I asked Reki to make one for me...So I could learn." Joe and Cherry shared a glance, about to speak when the speakers sprung to life again.

"You will be racing the red head." Everyone had turned to look at Reki, who had been missing from the track for a while. He seemed just as surprised.

"I'm racing....Reki?" Our eyes met and he could see I was nervous. He offered me a comforting smile, and I tried my best to return it. I quickly turned to the older pair of gentleman. "But Reki's skated the course before, I haven-"

"You'll do just fine, it's basically a straight line."