🛹 Reki Kyan: Old friends 🛹

"What a fucking weirdo." I was with two of my friends as we walked down the school corridor passed a pair of boys with brightly coloured hair.

"Skate-boarding's not a sport, why does he get so excited about it...?"My other friend laughed. As we passed them, my eyes met one of their pairs, the red head's. Immediately, I looked down, avoiding looking at him, however my eyes noticed the cast wrapped around his wrist. I furrowed my brow, glancing over my shoulder at him as he quietly spoke to his friend. Takashi speaks to me about when he and Shindo go skating down the old mine that my brother had turned into a skating competition...he mentioned how Shindo had hurt a teenager, hurt his head, back, and wrist...

"What do you think, (N/n)?" Saskura asked as I sighed, disappointed in my brother. I hummed, turning back to my friends. "Do you want to come to the beach tonight? There's going to be a party, well, get together." I stared at them for a moment before smiling softly and shaking my head.

"I'm sorry, I'm having dinner with family tonight, I can't." I lied straight through my teeth, looking them in the eyes.

Despite never having spoken to the red head much during our high school career, I knew a fair amount about him, but not his friend. I'd been in the same grade as him since we were in Kindergarten, we'd been friends up until the start of high school, when I started to mix with other people, try and gain more friends.

Class was fairly boring. I had noticed Reki spacing out while staring at the outside world, probably longing to be out in it. We were closest in middle school, around the age of 13, we'd gotten to the point that we were inseparable...we'd spend ever waking chance we had together. I'd spend weekends at his house, he'd spend them at mine, we'd go to each other's houses after school...We became each other's second family...There was even a point where he gave me a few of his bandanas. After four, almost five years, I still have them. I ended up cutting the ones I had, finding out they were large enough to make a skirt...which is just what I did. It'd been years, and I'd gradually figured out ways to make the skirt continue to fit me.

I was surprised when Reki stopped zoning out, tilting his head at me when our eyes met. He was confused as to why I was zoning out and staring at him. I sighed and looked back to my books, continuing with our assigned work.

Around a week ago, I had found a very familiar skateboard abandoned under a bridge on my way home, and my first instinct was to pick it up and take it with me. I lightly bit my lip, trying to decide as to whether I should do something specific after school.

_____________________

I left my room, a skateboard in hand, wearing my homemade skirt from bandanas, my school uniform in a bag, with my school books in a separate bag - my school bag.

I took a nice walk in the night on a route I hadn't taken in years. In my hands was an orange skateboard which had been redesigned on the base to look a little less tattered, touching it all up to seem more....skatey? Graffitied? but nice too.  Passing me by an apartment building was Reki's blue haired friend, who's eyes trailed down to the skateboard in my hands and the familiar appearance of my skirt.

It really hadn't taken long for me to reach my location, gently knocking on the front door. Four/five years I haven't spoken to this guy, now here I am turning up at his house in the middle of the night. The door slid open to reveal a tired, and seemingly hopeless Reki Kyan. I felt a wave of emotion flow through me as he ruffled the back of his hair, bandana-less, sweatpants, and a loose t-shirt. Surprise was his immediate reaction, albeit it was a tired and confused expression too. My words caught in my throat and we simply stood in silence for a moment as tears welled in my eyes while I shifted my gaze to the floor.

"I, um..." I began to speak, looking up a little. "I'm sorry...about my brother, and what he did to you..." My eyes met his for a moment before I looked back down.

"Who? Adam?" Adam? Was that the name he used? I nodded with a sad sigh.

"Oh, um, I found your board too..." I handed it to him, which is when he noticed my skirt, a soft smirk crossing his lips as he took the board from my hands, even realising I'd added a few minor things to the base, a few more stickers he had been want to put on it for years, but couldn't find, even a few little graffiti styled drawings.

"......Thanks..." He set the board down beside the door  before looking up to me briefly. He turned around on his heel and walked off down the corridor, leaving me confused at the door. He turned around, stuffing his hands into his pockets and cocking an eyebrow. "You coming in, or not?" A smile crossed my lips and I nodded, stepping into the house and setting my shoes with the rest by the door. "Leave the one with your books at the door." I nodded, pursing my lips as I tried to hide a smile. I quietly caught up to Reki and followed him through the house, walking beside him as he subtly slipped his hand out of his pocket, brushing his fingers against mine. My smile softened into something more subtle, and I bit my lip as he hooked his fingers between mine, gently tugging me through the door of his room.

Instantly, I was wrapped into a tight hug. He had ducked down to my height, wrapping his arms around my waist as I dropped my bag to the floor, sliding mine over his shoulders.

"You cut up my bandanas." Reki whispered, I nodded, laughing quietly. I hugged him tighter when I felt him lean down a little more, his hands hooking on the backs of my thighs. "Jump." I did as told, and as a result, Reki wrapped my legs around his waist before walking over to his bed and dropping onto it. He pulled the blanket over us before moving one of my legs a little and just cuddling me. "I've missed you..." I felt something soft press gently to the top of my shoulder.

"I missed you too..."

__________________

The next morning, the two of us were woken up by the sound of Mrs Kyan pushing open her son's bedroom door.

"Reki, get up, shoo-" Her words fell short when she found me curled up against her only son. Reki lay where he was, simply staring tiredly at his mother. I smiled softly and rest my head on his chest as he tucked an arm behind his head, the other around me as he lay on his back. I waved lazily to his mom, who just laughed to herself. "I'll get breakfast started, you two get ready for school." We nodded. I sat up, stretching my arms above my head before climbing over my newly-reunited-with friend. Reki groaned and grabbed my waist, yanking me back down onto the bed and burying his head into my shoulder as I laughed.

"Reki~!" I continued to laugh, gently prying his arms from around me. "We need to get up." I smiled, getting back up and heading over to my bag, pulling out my uniform and stripping out of my clothes. As soon as I pulled my shirt over my head, I heard Reki roll over. I glanced back at him and noticed he had buried his face in his pillow. "You're such a child." I giggled.

"Would you rather I watch you change?" I heard him shout into the pillow so I could hear him, I simply laughed.

"You're so fucking weird~"

I heard him chuckle and toss a pillow at me.

"You love me anyway." I shook my head with a smile and a hum.