~Chapter 0~

|Prologue|

Our world has changed. This once vibrant, beautiful world full of greens, yellows, blues, purples, has been reduced to dust and sand.

The sun's heat penetrated the ground leaving nothing untouched, cracked earth and sand embedded this newly formed landscape. Sun flares scorched our Earth, causing the sea levels to rise, drowning major cities and towns and many of the population with it. No one thought it could get any worse. Everyone hoped it wouldn't. Yet it did.

A virus called the Flare started to spread amongst the survivors, eating at its victims brain, turning them savage and deadly. No one could survive this virus. Except people like me. Immunes, as W.C.K.D calls us. The virus seemingly doesn't affect us, so W.C.K.D thought it was a jolly good idea to use us as lab rats, experiments for "the greater good". What a load of bull shit.

We were put in lots of different Mazes so that they could study out brain activity; find out what makes us different from everyone else on this dammed planet. Our memory wiped except for one thing, our God damn name. In my view, the most useless piece of information to keep. However we somehow knew how to eat and sleep, run, walk.

When most of us escaped that wretched place; many died along the way, we were taken to a facility under the leadership of assistant director Jansen explaining how we had now 'escaped' W.C.K.D, we all thought we were safe. Free.

Feeling free was something all of us wanted, needed. W.C.K.D kept us from doing that. So when Jansen and his men took us in we thought nothing of it, and that type of thinking can get you killed. Well it got most of my friends killed anyway.

For now I'm on the run, not just from Jansen, but from W.C.K.D too; especially Dr Ava Paige.

***

A.N Ok so I might go back and redo this prologue at some point if I feel like it, because I feel like it could be much better but my mind is flat out blank right now..

On another not I'm not really sure how you can exactly kill a crank because in the movie Winston shoots them and that seems to make them go down so we're just gonna go with something like that or something similar the The Walking Dead (damaging the brains).

So yeah hope you enjoy this story :)