~Chapter 5~

|Runaway|

|•|

Thomas's POV

"She's cool?!" I scoffed frustrated by Lara's words as we hung upside down. The auburn haired girl had persuaded her way out of being tied up, I knew she couldn't be trusted. But how did she make me believe her.

"Maybe she didn't mean it?" Newt defended her even though she'd seemingly betrayed us.

"She just used our resources and company" I spat, using her words against her, thinking back to the betrayal not too long ago.

<>

"Do you ever get the feeling the whole world's against you?" A man asked as we stepped into a big room, a desk was placed behind the man, all typed of cables and wires connected to multiple radios were tangled together like the roots of an oak tree. A dusty dark sofa was awkwardly placed towards the middle of the room with a side table. It wasn't very homely, more damp and unkept but I know better that to trust a place by its homeliness.

My eyes shifted from Minho to Lara who stood beside Brenda, wondering where 'Jorge' as Brenda introduced, was going with his statement.

"Three questions" he paused grabbing a fancy glass bottle with some type of amber liquid inside, most likely alcohol, looking fairly similar to Gally's moonshine. "Where do you come from?" He questioned grabbing a small glass as well, "where are you going? How can I profit?"

We all eyed each other wondering who was going to answer inevitably choosing me since it was my plan to come here from the start.

"Don't all answer at once" he added.

"We're headed to the mountains" I started eyeing all the people in the room for any reactions, my eyes locking with the ocean orbs staring at me, full of curiosity. "looking for the right arm" most people scoffed making the lot of us give questioning looks.

"Your looking for ghosts you mean" Jorge stated whilst others snickered. They can't be ghosts, they raided one of W.C.K.D's compounds only a few weeks ago. "Question number two" he paused making his way closer to us taking a sip of the liquid. "Where did you come from?"

"That's our business" Minho stood up. We couldn't trust these people too much, the last time we trusted someone we found they were working for W.C.K.D. A small amount of anger burned inside of me tearing my thoughts up and stuffing them into the depths of my mind, now was not the time to be remembering such things. I need to focus.