~Chapter 8~

|Just the little things|

|•|

Loud music blasted my ears as soon as the three of us stepped past the cloth at the entrance. The large room was dark, only lit by dim multicoloured lights like the stars that shone brightly the night before. The room sectioned off into separate smaller areas much like the mazes inner sections, and they too were filled with highly intoxicated people.

My vision quickly became distorted and fuzzy as the liquid continued to flood my system like a disease. The groups of people crowded around us. All dancing and moving to the beat, most holding a drink in their hands intoxicating themselves even more than they already were. Strobe lights lit the ceiling yet it still remained a dank, dark place. The many rooms spread across the area had an array of different cheers, screams and even growls coming from all directions.

Thomas's hand subconsciously found mine, holding it tight to keep us together. A small swarm of butterflies erupted in my stomach as my eyes stared at our hands, locked together, before moving up dizzily to see the back of his head. This stuff really is messing with my head if it was making me feel weird like this.

I shook my head getting rid of this feeling, trying to focus my attention, which seemed to want to do anything but that. My vision blurred and darkened at the edges like an external force was trying to take control. My breaths short and quick as my emotions seemed to be heightened and everything merged into one. Distant shouts filled my ears as I finally registered my name being called.

"Lara? You ok?" Thomas softly asked, now facing my direction instead of the other way. All I could do was nod as I feared my words wouldn't convince them, because, in reality, I felt anything but ok at this moment in time.

"Hey guys" Brenda slurred getting our attention as she slumbered over to us. "let's split up. Look around. And hey don't drink anything else" she ordered and then disappeared off into the crowd without another word.

"You sure your ok?" Thomas pressed, seeing my dazed appearance as he pulled me further into the bustling crowd of people.

"No" I simply stated, too unfocused to try and form another lie. My hand hovered over my forehead, wiping away the lingering sweat that had gathered. "Are you?"

"No" he replied giving me a small smile. I don't know what it is with this boy but he always seems to keep me sane, even in pressing situations such as this one. "How about we split up. Cover more ground" he suggested, amber eyes scanning the surroundings, looking for any sign of his friends.

"Yeah ok" I nodded before walking away not realising our hands were still intertwined. The tug on my hand caused my eyes to meet the boys. "You going to give me that?" I gestured to my hand as a small glow of pink dusted his features.