9

|Regrets|

|•|

My eyes fluttered open as the thumping pain in my head finally registered causing a groan to escape my mouth. I don't remember passing out but my body was placed on something soft, a sofa to be exact. My memories of the night varied, there were moments I can remember clearly, but that's mostly what I saw in the visions, everything else was a blur as if a black veil had been placed in front of them.

As I looked around the empty room I noticed the dust settled on everything, every curtain, desk and spot of floor looked old and aged. Small flutters of light escaped passed the holes in the curtains, creating an array of dots to litter the floor. It looked to be around the afternoon meaning I had been sleeping for a few hours.

I hesitantly sat up as to not cause my head too much pain, a blanket that must have been placed on me fell off my shoulders into my lap. Muffled voices echoed from the next room over, sent my body to go from calm to alert. I took the blanket off my lap and slowly, as to not make anything creek, I rose off the sofa and onto the cold sandstone floor.

The voices grew as I reached the doorway, a deep red cloth covered me from their view. My eyes scanned the room I found myself in, searching every part for a possible weapon just in case things went sideways and I needed an escape.

"Looks like you're finally awake" a voice from behind me observed. I quickly turned around, fist ready to punch whoever it was but when I caught a glimpse of ruffled dirty blonde hair I suddenly stopped my actions.

"Newt" I sighed, registering his face as he caught my slowed fist. Relief flooding my system to know the other half of our group is safe. "You guys all ok?" I questioned hoping everyone made it here "any troubles?"

"Yeah we're all good. Janson followed us after we escaped but we got away unharmed" he replied, a small smile gracing his features. "Heard you had a rough time"

"Yeah tell me about it" I sighed, rubbing my head to try and sooth a growing ache. "Where are we anyway?"

"Same place you came to" he stated, my eyes narrowed in question. Since we couldn't find Marcus why would we still be here. We should be out there looking for him at least. "Yeah whatever Marcus gave you must have been pretty strong" he glanced behind him, hand rubbing the back of his neck.

"Wait Marcus?" I questioned finally pushing past the boy to find everyone surrounding a chair to which there was a familiar man tied to it with thick rope. "You lying son of a b-" I started to say as his features registered in my mind as the man who posed as not knowing Marcus. The smirk on his face solidified my suspicion as I marched forwards ready to wipe it clean off his face, but strong arms gripped my waste, pulling me back before I could do anything.

"Ah I see the feisty one finally woke up" he laughed, wincing due to the black eye he'd sustained from Jorge's interrogation. I struggled against Minho's arms trying to escape and punch the living daylights out of this wicked man.

"Lara calm down" he whispered, and slowly I settled and he was able to let me go. I walked over to an empty chair to keep myself occupied as I drowned out the conversation.

"Hey" Thomas greeted as he came towards me sitting on the other side of the chair, his honey eyes moving from me to Marcus who continued being reluctant with his questions.

"Hi" I replied, my memory still fuzzy of the morning so with Thomas's face showing no emotion I was intrigued. "Did you, forget what you wanted to say?" His eyes widened when he realised he'd been stuck in his thoughts, a slight blush spreading across his cheeks.