19. The Power of Love

Vote, comment, etc. Thanks for reading!!!

__________________________________________________________________

By the time the four of them got back to the village, it was already in chaos. There were beasts attacking the people everywhere, women screaming, children crying. 

"We have to find Koturo! If we stop him, the beasts will stop, too," Daniel said. "His magic that controls them will fade, and they'll return to normal."

"Leave that to us," Elfman said, grabbing Evergreen's hand. 

Evergreen was a little surprised at the sudden gesture, but she squeezed his hand tightly, feeling comforted.

"You two help as many of the villagers as you can," Evergreen said. Yasmin and Daniel nodded and immediately left. 

"I can feel his magic..." Elfman said, turning to look at Evergreen. "He shouldn't be far."

"Elfman..." Evergreen paused. "This guy, Koturo, is immensely powerful. What if... what if we can't..."

"Don't say that." Elfman interrupted her before she could even finish the sentence. "You're Evergreen from the Raijinshuu, who doesn't fear anyone."

Evergreen didn't want to admit that it wasn't herself whom she was afraid for... She didn't know what she would do if she lost Elfman. Because she knew that he would go to extremes to protect the innocent villagers. She bit her lip hesitantly.

"And we have something that he doesn't..." Elfman said. Evergreen looked up at him, questioningly.

"What?" She asked. She noticed that he was blushing slightly, and he looked hesitant.

"We have... the power of love," he mumbled.

"The power of what?" Evergreen asked. A smile was growing on her face. She knew exactly what he had said, but she wanted to hear him say it again.

"The power of l-love..." Elfman said again, a little more clearly. Evergreen blushed, but she smiled up at him. 

"You sound like Juvia," she said, but she raised herself on her toes and leaned in, finally satisfied that Elfman had admitted it... That he loved her, too. She just wanted to kiss him to seal the deal.

But before she could, a familiar voice rang out from behind them.

"Well, isn't that just sweet..." Koturo said, before waving his arm and sending Evergreen into the air.

"Ever!" Elfman yelled, trying to grab her. But she was out of his reach, hurtling upwards. She yelped as Koturo spun her around by lazily twisting his hand in circles.

"Stop it!" Elfman yelled, running to him. But, just as lazily, Koturo waved his other hand, while still spinning Evergreen around, and Elfman was tossed to the side.

"Damn you..." Elfman said. This telekenisis thing was ridiculously powerful. Neither of them could even get close to him.

Suddenly, Koturo released Evergreen, and she came tumbling down. She hit the ground particularly hard, and Elfman winced at the thud her body made when it hit the earth. She tried to stand, but she was too dizzy, and the fall had knocked the wind out of her. So she stayed, lying on the ground, breathing painfully.

Elfman glared as Koturo approached him.

"Well, that wasn't even hard," Koturo said, smiling menacingly. "I thought you two would at least put up a fight..."

Suddenly, Koturo started to draw a magic circle on Elfman's chest. Elfman tried to move out of his grasp, but Koturo's telekenesis made him stay put.

"What are you doing? Stop!" Elfman roared, struggling to interrupt the magic circle.

"It's my favorite spell," Koturo said. "The spell that makes you my little minion, just like all of those men from this village."

"NO!" A shrill voice called out, and Koturo was blasted with Evergreen's fairy machine gun.

He grunted in surprise as the magic bullets pushed him back. 

Evergreen ran over to Elfman. She was clearly injured, and still dizzy, but she stood firmly next to him.

"Thank you," Elfman whispered. She simply nodded. 

Koturo got up and dusted himself off.

"I guess you two will put up a fight after all..." He said, and his face clouded over.

Elfman took Evergreen's hand again and squeezed. She squeezed back, and both of them got ready to fight.