7. Serpents of Chaos

"We're a dark guild... named Serpents of Chaos. We're new, and none of the other dark guilds take us seriously... So our boss thought if we could wreak havoc with Fiore's number one guild, we'd get some recognition..." The man poured out the secrets of his guild easily once confronted by Evergreen's intimidating threats.

"How did you know we were going to be on this train?" Evergreen asked, demanding. "And what were you going to do with us, if you did succeed in capturing us?"

"I... I don't know! I'm new in this guild, they don't tell me all the details! I was just told to help in attacking the Fairy Tail Mages on this train!" The man was starting to sweat. He really did not want to be turned back into stone.

"Fine, whatever. Just one more thing. What is your name?" Evergreen said. Elfman didn't get why she was asking, but he went along with it.

"W-what? Why does my name matter?" The guy asked, confused.

"Stop shivering and answer her! Are you a man or what?!" Elfman said, tightening his grip on the robed man.

"It's Daniel..." The man said, quietly.

"Well, thanks for the information, Daniel. It'll help us a lot," Evergreen said. Then she knocked him over his head, and Daniel passed out.

"Was that really necessary? He wasn't going to do anything," Elfman said, dropping Daniel's limp body.

"He could have. Anyways, we'd better go back to the guild and tell everyone about this new dark guild. They might be trouble," Evergreen said.

"Go back?" Elfman asked, incredulous. "We haven't even gotten to the job yet. We can't abandon those villagers!"

"It's probably a trap, idiot. This Serpents of Chaos guild might have just set up this job as bait to lure us out here," Evergreen said.

She could be right, but... Elfman couldn't deal with himself if he left people who were potentially in danger without even checking.

"We're already almost there," Elfman said. "Why don't we just quickly pop in to the village and see if there's anything wrong? We can leave immediately if there isn't..."

Evergreen chewed her lip. She also didn't want to leave helpless villagers alone, but she had a nagging feeling in her stomach.

"I don't feel good about this, though..." Evergreen said, looking out the window. They were entering the forest, and it was getting dark.

The forest looked ominous, and frankly, it scared Evergreen. She couldn't help feeling like...

"It feels like something bad's going to happen, doesn't it?" Elfman said, coming up next to Evergreen in front of the window. "But it's okay. We're Fairy Tail mages. We can take whatever the world has to throw at us. Right?" Elfman said, looking into Evergreen's dark brown eyes.

"Right..." Evergreen said, feeling a little bit better. She felt Elfman's skin against her arm as they stood side by side, waiting for the train to deposit them at their destination.

____________________________________________________________

Thanks once again if you're still reading my story, seven chapters in ;)

Hope you liked it!

(And if you did, make sure to comment, or vote, or do both! Pretty please! :P Thanks!)