11. The Note

Elfman helped Evergreen up slowly, and grabbed the piece of folded up paper that dropped to the ground.

Before looking at the note, he looked into Evergreen's eyes.

"You okay, Ever?" He asked, concerned by the fact that her face was still frozen in shock.

"I... It... I could've been dead..." Evergreen mumbled, clearly confused and terrified about what just happened.

"Hey, you're fine. We're all fine. Nobody died, and that's what matters, right?" Elfman was trying to find the right words to bring Evergreen back to normal.

She was trembling, and it was terrifying Elfman.

"Come on, Ever, snap out of it. The beasts aren't here anymore!" Elfman gripped Evergreen's arms. She suddenly made eye contact with him and immediately collapsed in his arms.

"E-Ever?" Elfman didn't know what to do or say, so he just held her in his arms until she stopped trembling. When she seemed to be back to normal, he led her back to the hut and made sure that she got some rest. Then he stepped out of the hut. 

Yasmin approached Elfman tentatively.

"Is she okay?" She asked, nodding her head towards the hut.

"I think she just needs some rest. It was a scary thing that just happened, after all..." Elfman sighed.

"I understand. Do you want to come sit in my hut while she rests?" Yasmin asked.

"That would be great!" Elfman joined her in her hut. She handed him some tea and the two of them sat in silence for a short while before Yasmin spoke up.

"So, anyways...What was that note all about?" Yasmin asked, curiosity on her pretty face.

Elfman smacked his forehead. "I almost forgot!" he yelled.

He pulled the piece of paper out of his pocket and read it quickly.

Yasmin scooched closer to him. "What does it say?" She asked.

Elfman looked dazed. He quietly said, "So it was a trap..."

Yasmin didn't understand. "What do you mean, a trap?"

He showed her the note. It only had one sentence on it.

Send the Fairy Tail Mages into the forest tomorrow night at midnight if you ever want to see your village men again.

And it was signed: Serpents of Chaos.

___________________________________________________________________________

SORRY for taking so long to update. I've been busy :(

Anyways thanks for reading! I can't believe I'm already at 600 reads! 

Be sure to vote, follow, comment, and tell me how you're liking the story!