Chapter 5- Jet

Deep in the woods, Momo stumbles into a hunter's trap that leaves him caged and hanging from the branch of a tree.

Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Nico soon notice he is missing and set out to find him.

Locating him suspended in a tree, Aang uses his airbending to move himself toward the trap and free the lemur.

Discovering that the same fate had befallen hog monkeys, Aang readies himself to scale the tree again, though Sokka uses his boomerang to cut the cords and free the animals in one go.

Examining the traps, Sokka determines that they were constructed by the Fire Nation and advises they leave quickly.

Aang and Katara started packing on Appa.

"Uh-Uh!" Sokka scolds. "No flying this time."

"What? Why wouldn't we fly?" Aang asks.

"Think about it." I add. "How do you think that Prince Zuko and Zhao keep finding you guys?"

"Yeah," Sokka adds on. "It's because they spot Appa, he's just too noticeable."

"What?" Katara says. "Appa's not too noticeable."

"He's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head! It's kind of hard to miss him."

Appa then growls.

"Sokka's just jealous because he doesn't have an arrow." Aang teased.

"I know you all want to fly, but my instincts tell me we should play it safe this time and walk."

"Who made you the boss?" Katara asks.

"I'm not the boss, I'm the leader." Sokka decided.

Katara scoffed. "You're the leader? But your voice still cracks."

"I'm the oldest, and I'm a warrior!" He then deepened his voice. "So I'm the leader."

"And what if Nico is a warrior?" Katara adds.

"Hey, hey, don't bring me into this leader stuff, I'm not even in your group."

"You can if you want to be." Sokka said, slinging his arm around my shoulder.

"I'll think about it." I laughed.

"If anyone's the leader, it's Aang." I add. "I mean, he is the Avatar."

Sokka takes his arm off me. "Are you kidding? He's just a goofy kid."

"And you're not?"

Katara let out a laugh.

We looked over at Aang, who was hanging on Appa's horn. "He's right."

"Who do boys always think someone has to be the leader? I bet you wouldn't be so bossy if you kissed a girl."

Oooo, shoots fired.

"I've kissed a girl!" Sokka objects. "You just haven't met her."

"Who? Gran Gran?" Katara teases. "I've met Gran Gran."

"No," Sokka says, getting defensive. "Besides Gran Gran. Look, my instincts tell me we have a better chance of slipping through on foot, and a leader has to trust his instincts."

"Ok," Katara huffs. "We'll try it your way, oh wise leader."

"Who knows? Walking might be fun." Aang grinned.

"I like your attitude Aang." I smiled.

Five minutes later.

"Walking stinks! How do people go anywhere without a flying bison? No offense Nico."