Chapter 10- Going Home?

At a majestic spa resort, Iroh and Nico are relaxed on the table as they get their massages.

"Ahh," Iroh groans. "This is what I've been missing."

"I'll say," Nico adds.

"Who knew floating on a piece of driftwood for three weeks with no food or water and sea vultures waiting to pluck out your liver could make one so tense."

Iroh and Nico looked over at Zuko, who was quiet.

Iroh then walked over to his nephew and sat next to him on the ground.

"I see. It's the anniversary, isn't it?" Iroh asked.

"Three years ago today, I was banished. I lost it all. I want it back. I want the Avatar. I want my honor, my throne. I want my father not to think I'm worthless."

Nico who was still getting her massage, listened closely to their conversation.

"I'm sure he doesn't." Iroh reassures. "Why would he banish you if he didn't care?"

Nico mentally slapped her forehead as Zuko angrily walked away.

"Uh, that came out wrong, didn't it?" Iroh asks.

"You think."

❆ ❆ ❆

The next morning, Nico walked into the resort with her complimentary robe.

"Look at these magnificent shells." Iroh barges through the door as he sets down the shells. "I'll enjoy these keepsakes for years to come."

"We don't need any more useless things," Zuko says. "Did you forget, we have to carry everything ourselves now."

"Hello, brother." A snarky voice says. "Uncle. Nico."

Nico's heart dropped.

"What are you doing here?" Zuko growls.

"In my country, we exchange a pleasant hello before asking questions. Have you become uncivilized so soon, Zuzu?"

Nico laughed at the nickname Azula gave Zuko, when they were younger.

"Don't call me that." Zuko yells.

"To what do we owe this honor?" Iroh asks.

Azula hummed as she examined the shell. "Must be a family trait. Both of you so quick to get to the point." She then shattered the shell with her sharp nails.

"So quiet, Nicole?" Azula asked. "Aren't you happy to see your old bestie?"

"I remember that being Ty Lee." Nico corrected.

Azula rolled her eyes. "I've come with a message from home. Father's changed his mind. Family is suddenly very important to him. He's heard rumors of plans to overthrow him treacherous plots. Family are the only ones you can really trust. Father regrets your banishment. He wants you home."

Nico couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Did you hear me?" Azula says. "You should be happy, excited, grateful. I just gave you great news."

"I'm sure your brother simply needs a moment-"

"Don't interrupt, Uncle!" Azula snapped.

Okay this bïtçh is crazy.

"I still haven't heard my thank you." Azula proceeds. "I'm not a messenger. I didn't have to come all this way."

"Father regrets?" Zuko finally speaks. "He wants me back?"

"I can see you need time to take this in. I'll come to call on you tomorrow." She walked away and patted Nico's shoulder. "Good evening."

❆ ❆ ❆