Chapter 32- The Talk of Revenge

Nico is woken up from a loud explosion, she quickly jolts up in a defensive pose.

"What's going on?" She asks panicky.

"We are being attacked!" Aang shouts.

"Watch out!" Zuko says pushing Nico out of the way of being crushed by rocks.

They both fumble to the ground. "Thanks." Nico breathes out as she catches her breath from under Zuko.

"You know your reaction was much better than Katara's."

"What was hers?" Nico asked.

"She was like what are you doing? Get off me."

"So rude." Nico said rolling her eyes.

"Literally." Zuko said helping Nico up.

Toph yells for Nico, so the both of them can clear a path threw the tunnel to escape with the others.

"Come on, we can get out through here." Toph says once her and Nico create a way.

Aang struggles to push Appa into the tunnel. "What are you doing?" Aang asks as he sees Zuko just standing there.

"Go ahead, I'll hold them off." He responds.

"Zuko no!" Nico and Aang both shout.

Sokka grabs Nico shoulder as she was about to run after Zuko. "Come on, we've got to get out of here."

Nico eyes dart to Zuko as he disappears into the collapsing temple.

She then begins to tug on Appa's reigns along with everyone else. "I hope he's okay." She whispers to herself.

"I can't get him to go in there." Aang yells. "Appa hates tunnels."

"Aang, there's no way we can fly out of here." Katara scolds.

"We'll have to find a way, let's split up." Sokka jogs over to everyone informing them they'll have to split up and meet another day.

"Bye Haru." Nico says hugging him.

"It was nice meeting you properly, Nico."

Sokka grabs both Nico and Suki's hands and drags them to climb on top of Appa.

Toph earthbends a shield to protect them from incoming bombs.

Nico searches for Zuko as she sees him battling Azula on her ship.

"Get her Zuko!" Nico shouts, as soon as she says that Zuko gets blasted off the ship.

Aang guides Appa downwards, Nico pulls Zuko into the saddle as she immediately straddles him.

"Don't ever do that again." Nico scolds, kissing Zuko's face.

Zuko smiles as he looks up at Nico.

❆ ❆ ❆

During the night, the team camps out near an uninhabited beach.

"Wow, camping. It really seems like old times again, doesn't it?" Aang says.

"If you really want it to feel like old times, I could, uh.. chase you around awhile and try to capture you." Zuko jokes.

Everyone giggles.

"Ha funny." Nico chuckles a little louder than everyone else as she braids Suki's hair.

"Ow, too tight too tight." Suki hisses.

"Sorry." Nico apologizes.

Sokka releases a long sigh. "Too Zuko." He says raising his drink in the air. "Who knew after all those times he tried to snuff us out today he'd be our hero."