Chapter 26- Sleepovers and War

By the time Zuko and Nico had reached the Fire Nation everyone in the capital had already knew they were now together. No thanks to Azula.

They were welcomed at the docks. "Prince Zuko and Princess Nico."

Nico paused. "I'm not a princess."

"You kinda are." Zuko murmured.

Ty Lee ran over to Nico, crushing her in a hug. "I missed you."

"Ty Lee, it's only been three days." Nico giggled.

"I know, but I missed you."

"I missed you too." Nico smiled.

Ty Lee observed Nico.

"What?"

"You're glowing."

"Uh thanks?" Nico responded.

Ty Lee gasped. "Did you and Zuko?"

Zuko looked down at Nico as Nico looked up at Zuko as they both said no.

"Mhm, your neck says other wise." Ty Lee smirked.

Nico covered her neck with her palm. "I didn't think it was that noticeable."

"Oh, it's noticeable." Ty Lee giggled.

After settling in and covering her hickey with makeup, Nico was laying in Zuko's bed waiting for him to arrive.

There was a knock on the door. "Come in." Nico said.

Nico was suprised to see who was at the door. "Hey." Mai said.

"Oh, hi." Nico said getting up from bed.

"Uh, Azula wanted me to tell you that she wanted to have a sleepover with you, me, her and Ty Lee."

Nico rose her eyebrow. "Really?"

"I wouldn't have came here if it were a joke. Just be ready by sunset."

And with that Mai left the room, but soon popped her head in. "And if you skip it, Azula said she would come to your room at night and pluck out all your hair, strand by strand." Mai smiled. "I'd really enjoy that so please don't come."

Nico rolled her eyes as Mai closed the door.

An hour later, Nico was getting ready to leave the room as she was leaving she met Zuko at the door.

"Hey Zuko-"

"Not now!" Zuko said as he slammed the bedroom door.

"Okay then." Nico huffed.

After a brief walk around the palace, Nico stopped in front of Azula's bedroom door.

Now thinking of it, Nico wouldn't mind getting her hair plucked out.

The door creaked opened, shaking Nico from her thought. "Nico, you made it." Azula smiled. "Come in come in."

Azula's room was similar to Zuko's, starting to think of it, all the rooms in the palace looked the same.

Nico observed Azula. Nico always thought Azula was pretty but her craziness overshadowed that.

"I like your hair by the way." Azula complimented. "The curls are nice."

Nico touched her hair. "Thanks, I like yours also."

"This is awkward," Mai sighed. "Let's do something fun."

"Let's braid each other's hair." Ty Lee beamed. "I call Nico."

The girls sat on the floor as they did the braid train.