Chapter 20- New Beginnings

"What did you say?" Nico repeated.

Zuko sheepishly looked away.

Nico laughed as she jumped off the mattress. "Really Zuko? How are you going to tell me you kissed someone you just met, then tell me and pretend like nothing happened?"

"I don't know, Nico I'm confused." Zuko confessed, walking closer to Nico.

"Confused about what?" Nico rose her voice.

"Us!" Zuko shouted.

Nico took a step back and fell on top of the mattress.

"There is no us." Nico simply said.

"I know, you feel it, Nico." Zuko said, plopping onto the mattress, next to her.

Nico's right hand swiftly dug through her hair, which was starting to grow back to its normal length.

She was starting to panic. Of course she liked Zuko, but she was scared, scared to get hurt, scared to hurt someone. Everyone she was close to, seemed to all die or disappear.

Nico finally broke as tears slipped down her pink cheeks, she started to shake a little.

Zuko took the covers off the mattress and wrapped it around Nico's body.

She looked up at him. "I'm sorry, I'm literally crying over nothing."

Zuko didn't know how to confront Nico.

Nico rested her head on Zuko's shoulder.

"I'm afraid, okay?" Nico said.

"About?"

"Everything, Zuko, I'm not good at keeping relationships. My life is a complete mess."

Zuko placed both his hands on Nico's cheeks. "You are the bravest person, I have ever met in my life."

Nico sniffed. "Really?"

"Really." Zuko smiled.

Nico took a good look at Zuko, his hair was growing out which Nico found adorable.

Zuko's palms were still placed on Nico's cheeks. She looked deep into his amber eyes and he looked deep into her lynda green eyes. Zuko leaned in placing his lips onto Nico's.

Nico's body felt as if it were on fire. Her arms moved on their own as they snaked around Zuko's shoulder, pulling their body's together, causing Nico to fall head onto mattress with Zuko on top of her.

The pair broke apart as they heard a knock on the door. "Dinner is ready."

"We're coming Uncle!" Zuko shouted.

❆ ❆ ❆

The next morning, Nico, Zuko, and Iroh started their day at the tea shop. Nico was speeding back and forth, serving tea, when a wealthy man and his guards began talking to her and Iroh.

"So you're the genius behind this incredible brew. The whole city is buzzing about you and your server. I hope Pao pays you both well." The man said sipping his cup of tea.

"Good tea is its own reward." Iroh smiles.

"But it doesn't have to be the only reward. How would you like to have your own tea shop?" The rich patron asked.

"My own tea shop?" Iroh exclaimed. "This is a dream come true."

Pao ran over to Iroh. "What's going on here?" He asked. "Are you trying to poach my tea maker and server?"

"Sorry, Pao, but thats business for you, am I right?"

"Mushi, if you stay, I'll make you assistant manger." Pao pleaded. "Wait, senior assistant manager."