- chapter - twenty - seven -

this is one of the three chapters left before the epilogue. ah. i've been writing this book for so long idk what i'm gonna do when it ends. sjskks. 

ooh also in the first chapter i stated eamon is a polygot but some of you might have forgotten so this isn't a plot hole from the beginning he has been a polygot!

-

My parents fawned over me that night when I arrived home, asking for details of what happened as we worked together to put my new gear up in my room. I expressed worry about going to school the next day and suddenly getting attention, but they did well to calm my fears and remind me of how proud they were. 

That night Eamon made sure during our nightly call to remind me that before we left Eternalia, we all agreed to arrive as a united front at school as well, so we were all going to meet up at his home in the morning. He was slightly nervous, which made me feel better about my own mixed feelings. While we usually talked a lot, I don't think we'd ever talked more than that night. "There's a difference between being powerful and being a powerful leader. You can be the best at a subject but be horrible at teaching it. I don't want to let my family down, they've all been the leaders before and specifically all their selective years have had stand out moments. Even if we don't count my mom, Leulla led to becoming a councilor and Ivan led the initiative to helping to capture endangered species hidden on human lands we were having trouble accessing." 

"You were born for this role," I had replied after a few more minutes of his venting. "If there's ever a moment you're doubting yourself, remember that if I'm not telling you off or being disappointed in you, you're doing a great job. Because you know I'll let you know if you're not." I took a moment to think. "I also wouldn't let you not do a great job," I joked. 

He smiled at my words, but immediately after he started to yawn. "I'll see you tomorrow morning. Goodnight Lady Nova." 

"And goodnight to you, too, Lord Eamon," I replied back, my tone just as teasing, before both of us turned our imparters off. 

While the conversation calmed me enough to go to sleep, that next morning I was riddled with nerves. "We need to get pictures done of you in that outfit," my mom told me, gushing over my ensemble. 

"Please, let's not do that," I responded, my voice pleading. Any reply was interrupted when I got a call on my imparter and excused myself to answer it, noticing it was Arrowe who was calling me. 

"Hey, Nova. I didn't wake you, right?

I shook my head. "No, I actually am heading over to Eamon Foster's house before school. Actually, on that topic, there's something I haven't told you." 

"There's something I need to talk to you about too, or at least need your opinion on I guess. You go first, though." He sounded nervous as he spoke, but I still took the opening. 

"So, long story short," I started to explain, "I manifested as a pyrokinetic. Like. A while ago, a few months now. I've been keeping it a secret but news will be released today, and I don't want you finding out that way since you're my friend and deserve better." 

He was silent for a moment. "Nova, that's fantastic. I'm so happy for you! Your parents must be ecstatic that you manifested in an ability."

Any nerves over him not being happy for me left. "Yeah, well wait until the actual news come out and you find out just how much." I laughed slightly. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you this sooner. Honestly, I'm sorry we haven't talked so much since we went out to dinner that night. Life's been a bit crazy." 

"So I'm assuming, from what you've just told me. Don't worry about it, actually what I need to talk to you about is because of this."

I frowned. "Alright, lay it on me."