- chapter - seven -

When we first stepped up to Eamon Foster's house, the first thought to hit me was this is much smaller than I thought it would be. When lightleaping to the home, first there was a gate before entering. He explained it was due to all the enemies built up from his parent's childhood, so in case of an emergency it was an extra security measure. He also added that it was a feature Alden and Della Vacker had on their home, giving the idea to his parents. 

The house itself almost seemed cozy compared to the fancy and expensive houses owned by most members of society. Even my own house, despite my family being labeled talentless, seemed more fashionable. 

"Whoa," was what escaped my mouth for others to hear. 

Eamon let out a nervous chuckle. "Yeah, it's kind of small. I don't normally bring my friends around. My parents bought it because it reminds my mom of her human home, although it's still bigger than the average human house, and it's also the perfect size for my parents to feel closer to me and my siblings, so that we're not all so spaced out."

"It's pretty," I told him, and it wasn't a lie. Despite the size, the house stayed elegant. The scenery around it was breathtaking, with the house having a small field behind it complete with trees around the edges, and a stream of water with a lake towards the side. It definitely looked straight out of a book on humans. 

But at the same time, it stayed with its Elvish features. Something about the house screamed that it was perfect for the Foster family, and I knew there was a definite reason they picked this home of all the homes available. 

"Thanks," he replied, smiling as he led me towards the entrance to the house. He shouted, "Mom! We're here!" as he opened the door, which startled me. 

Upon entrance there was a living space with a couch and a few chairs around a small table. "Oh good, I made some snacks," his mom replied, giving me a smile as she walked into the space from an entry way to what seemed to be their kitchen. She placed the snack tray on the table between the seats. "Are you taking these to your room or are you guys going to stay down here? I will warn you that Leu is coming today so we might have to kick you guys out of here anyways." 

"We can take it up to my room I guess," Eamon replied, reaching for the tray. "Is that alright with you?" He looked to me in question. 

I shrugged. "I guess." I didn't feel like I actually had a choice in the matter. 

"You know the rules with a girl," Sophie stated sternly, pointing her finger at him as she gave him a look of warning. 

He rolled his eyes and waved her off. "I know, I know. Door open." I awkwardly trailed after him as he made his way to the stairs. 

"How many floors is your house?" I asked him politely as he stopped third floor and my eyes caught on to another flight of stairs. 

"We have three floors," he told me before noticing my eyeing the stairs. "We have stairs leading to the roof, sometimes we like to camp up there as a family and just chill. Also my dad likes to paint up there." 

"That's actually kind of cool," I said, smiling as he opened the door to what he then told me was his room. 

"It takes up half of this floor and Ivan's room takes up the other half," he explained. "When Leulla was living here she was on the first floor, that's why the house kind of juts out in the back. Her room, which is now an extra guest room, is the one that makes the house jut out. My parents had the room built especially for her because they wanted to have a guest bedroom which was this room, but my mom was pregnant with me and there were no rooms left if they wanted to keep the office. They decided to just build an extra room and Leulla helped design it even though she was small, so that's why they gave the room to her. Then they gave me this room and turned her old room which is on the second floor into the guest bedroom, and their bedroom is also on the second floor."