Black Lives Matter

I put an external link but I'm also going to put the link here: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co

This is the link to all of the ways you can help with the situation going on right now. As a white person it is important that I recognize my privilege and I recommend all the people reading this who are also white recognize yours as well. No, this doesn't mean that as a white person you will not face trials or have bad things happen to you, it means that as a white person the things that happen to you generally will not happen as a result of your skin. 

When you try and use "all lives matter" as a response to the black lives matter movement, you are erasing their voices and silencing the issues they face. All lives matter, but if you don't have a "lives matter" movement for your skin color, it's because you're privileged enough to not need it. 

I am disgusted with the way certain people have revealed their racism, and if that's the hill you want to die on you can happily discontinue reading my book. 

Issues of talented vs nontalented, twins and triplets, people with "harmful" abilities (think of inflicters, pyrokinetics, hydrokinetics, and mesmers) etc. are all described inside the kotlc as being controversial topics and I believe all these can be compared towards the social issues we face in real life. If you have ever read kotlc and felt a smidgen of sympathy towards these people, but are able to stand here today and claim you don't support black lives matter, then I don't believe you should be able to call yourself a fan of the books and you ARE a hypocrite. 

I almost didn't want to post this, because I really avoid getting political on wattpad as it's my escape and i really just want to read and write while i'm here, but now i'm worried that i'm too late in this and should've spoken up earlier. I watched a video today of two men standing in the street peacefully protesting, just standing there silent and not moving, not holding any weapons. Facing the two men was a large group of cops, anywhere from 5-15. And they all shot at these two men, with no warning. I almost puked at the sight, and that's only one case that i saw with my own eyes. 

If you believe that racism will end by everyone joining hands and singing kumbaya, you are wrong and extremely naive. Nothing in the history of America was won without protests, the issue of slavery took an entire war. Now is the time to speak up, and do your part as a citizen. You say you're not racist? Prove it.