- chapter - two -

Everything that happened after that moment became a blur, I couldn't even remember the moment the fire I held above my hands finally went out. Eamon eventually returned and soon enough I was sitting in Elwin's office, surrounded by concerned faces. 

"I'm not in trouble, am I?" I finally asked once I was back to my senses. 

A woman with blonde hair let out a laugh. She looked familiar but I couldn't exactly place where she was from. "No, there's nothing wrong with what happened. It's completely natural, and it was barely a flame. No one got hurt, which is the best part." 

Elwin finished looking over my hands. "No signs of accidentally burning herself and no clothes looked scorched." He winked at me. "We're looking at a pro, right here." 

I looked at my feet, studying them as if they were interesting. The same blonde woman from before asked me, "Do you want to walk with us to Master Leto's office so we can talk about what just happened?"

I nodded my head like a child and got off the table, happy to walk away from Elwin's office. I was still slightly agitated at the taste of my locker from before, but it seemed dumb to be mad about. Suddenly I grew nervous, anger triggered the flame in the first place. I also wondered who the blonde woman is. At first I thought it could've been Eamon's mother, but it was common knowledge Sophie Foster had brown eyes and this woman's eyes were the normal blue. 

"Before you go," Elwin interrupted, "I think she needs to eat something. This is cutting into lunch time. Also for you, Mr. Foster." 

"I'm fine," Eamon immediately stated, and I figured he was probably sticking around to avoid any classes afterwards. 

"You should head to lunch," I told him, happy to possibly get rid of him. 

"Actually," the blonde woman interrupted. "He's going to have to be there with us when we speak with Master Leto." Then she turned to him. "But don't think I'm giving you a free pass out of school, your mother would have my head. You're only allowed to come because we need you." 

He held his arms up in surrender. "I get it, no need to rat on me."

"Weren't you supposed to be in detention anyhow? What were you even doing with her? You know one day you're going to give your mother an aneurysm with the things you do." I grew uncomfortable with the sudden lecture and Elwin pulled me aside, where he handed me a bottle with a sticky yellow substance in it. 

A lecture continued in the background, making me wonder if that really was his mom, as I took the bottle from Elwin. "What's this?" I asked, looking at it in curiosity. 

"It's a meal substitute, since you skipped lunch. It will hold you over until you at least go home. I'm aware your parents own a restaurant, so I hope you have no trouble eating once you get there." 

I frowned as he mentioned my parents. They were going to be upset once they heard of this. "Thank you," I told him, keeping the thought inside my head as I opened the bottle and took a quick swig, expecting something sour and becoming pleasantly surprised at the sweet taste instead. 

"We need to go," Eamon called, and I followed after the two figures. I had never been to Master Leto's office before, and was slightly dreading this moment. I quietly waited outside as the blonde woman knocked and we were eventually let in. 

"Take a seat," Master Leto instructed me with a warm smile, and I was thankful that at least so far no one had been giving me looks as if I was a monster. Of course, besides Master Leto, so far I had been surrounded by the people who associated with Sophie Foster, who at her time was not accepted into society as the hero she's known to be now. A pyrokinetic was probably the least of their worries. "What seems to be the trouble?" he asked me, specifically.